Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I just noticed that an announcement came on the Fearnet channel stating it has been a great 8 year run providing fear based shows and movies but as of 7/30 it must come to an end - and I'm NOT happy. As far as I know, there are only two channels like this - Fearnet and Chiller and soon we will be down to 1.

Is anyone else upset that Fearnet is going away or does anyone have connections in the world of communications that something similar may be replacing one of my favorite channels?

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Well, I am ticked off, but, half the time we couldn't even watch it because the sound was always messed up. Our provider said that it was Fearnet, that it was always having technical issues.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,606 Posts
Fearnet was absorbed by Comcast so maybe Chiller will take it up or some of it will show up on Syfy.
We don't have Chiller on our Comcast but would love it if they added it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
That's too bad :( I can't say I'll be missing anything though. We actually got rid of our cable this year. We just weren't using enough of it. So now we just use hola and Netflix. With those two we can watch everything we need to!

·
Registered
502 Posts
well, my provider doesn't offer it (we have chiller), but their website was really cool....you could watch movies & episodes on it for free...

damn.....now if sci-fi channel (can't stand the new spelling - ugh!) will go back to showing some scary stuff (like dark shadows), I'd be happy....

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I am ticked off, but, half the time we couldn't even watch it because the sound was always messed up. Our provider said that it was Fearnet, that it was always having technical issues.
Shadowbat, I'm so glad you mentioned that about the quality of the broadcast. I would get so upset when I was into a movie and then the screen started messing up and the sound was going in an out - it was a PITA!

I will still miss that it had horror based programming all the time, no matter the season or month of the year. Farewell FearNet!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello everyone, I used to troll around here and my screen name was halo. Well due to life sickness and various other complications I wasn't able to come to the site. Well I have been back just looking for a week or so and I saw this today. I can not explain how much this upsets me. My wife and I put up with dish for years so we could have monster hd and they managed to kill it and now it appears as if comcast has done the same with fearnet. According to my family friends and coworkers all of us halloween and horror lovers are such a minority that we don't deserve or need the programming that it was a very small market, and I am just flabbergasted at that. What options are left? Sorry my first post in 5 years is a lengthy mispelled rant but enough is enough!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts