Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only caught two episodes of this show, one was quite good and the other was pretty forgettable but I am happy I’ll be able to see the rest of the episodes around Halloween this year. This is more of a rent for me than a buy but it come in some really neat packaging.

“Today's most talented horror directors and writers including John Landis (An American Werewolf in London), Ronny Yu (Freddy vs. Jason), Mary Harron (American Psycho), Victor Salva (Jeepers Creepers), Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw IV), Sean Hood (Halloween: Resurrection) and Rupert Wainwright (The Fog) have teamed up to create a unique television experience that leaves viewers with nothing to fear but Fear Itself.

Fear Itself on DVD features 13 episodes, including four director's cut and five unaired episodes, from the chilling series that aired on NBC during the summer of 2008. The episodes - "Eater," "The Sacrifice," "Community," "In Sickness & In Health," "Spooked," "The Family Man," "New Year's Day," "Skin and Bones," "Something With Bite," "The Spirit Box," "Chance," "Echoes," and "The Circle" - feature great casts including Elisabeth Moss (TV's "Mad Men"), Eric Roberts (The Dark Knight), Clifton Collins Jr. (Star Trek) and James Roday (TV's "Psych").

In addition, each episode on the DVD includes a "Recipe for Fear" making of featurette that contains cast and director interviews along with behind the scenes footage that addresses what they each think is scary to them, and how they brought that to their short film. The 4-disc DVD set is encased in special collector's edition skeleton tombstone packaging. Pricing: DVD $29.98 (4-Disc Set)"

You can check out a pic. of the set here...
BD Horror News - UPDATE: 'Fear Itself' Details and Awesome Box Set

·
Registered
11 Posts
This series had some good stuff going on. I think “Eater” was the first episode that got me hooked. Did you know that the 5 unaired episodes will go up FEARnet.com Sept 2? (before the DVD release) Here's a quick synopsis of one of the unaired episodes...

“Echoes” is directed by Rupert Wainwright (“The Fog,” “Stigmata”), and is written by Sean Hood (“The Crow: Wicked Prayer,” “Halloween: Resurrection”). Steven (Aaron Stanford, “The Hills Have Eyes”), an affable, good-natured young man, moves into an apartment where he believes he once lived -- 88 years ago in a past life. But as memories appear to him like ghosts, he begins to believe that in this previous life he was a sadistic murderer – or is he just imagining things? Eric Balfour (“24,” “The Texas Chain Saw Massacre”) and Camille Guaty (“Prison Break,” “Las Vegas”) also star.

Hope you guys check it out.
Jack with FEARnet

2,442 Posts
Finally, I was watching this show from torrents, hasn't even been to the UK yet. I was annoyed they never showed all the episodes. I was dying to see the last 5 episodes, especially the "something with a bite" werewolf one. Fearnet awesome, love your site!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts