Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,852 Posts
Yup. I think they look nice, but my FCG actually has no head except for a thin layer of cheesecloth and the eyes cut out. I didn't want lit-up eyes, and I don't think it would be possible for me to do it anyway.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You could try blacking out the eyeball area, then paint in a pupil or iris in fluorescent or glow paint. The black, blank sockets could be creepy by themselves, or the detailed glowing eyes could be cool too.

My personal reaction to LEDs is that they are too identifiable, and turn the effect electronic in the mind of the viewer. Your mileage may vary; that's just how I see 'em.

I have a number of FCG-style ghosts that I hang, but which don't have motors. They look plenty creepy without LED eyes. Here's one:

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
HMMMMM. THis is the first year I am using my FCG. I plan on putting it in my crypt with a black light. After reading this I am wondering though If I want to put the LED eyes on. Why do you guys leave them off on Halloween. I am setting her up this weekend and was planning on putting her eyes on but now Im not sure. Seems like most of you prefer eyes off. Hmmmm now Im not sure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree that LED eyes make the FCG look like a "prop". We place ours in an upstairs bay window, so TOTs can see it from multiple angles. There's one parent who comments every year that it is his favorite Halloween decoration. Without the LEDs I think it looks more ethereal. Several people have asked me if it's a hologram.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HOLY SH** your place is great, love it........... Couple of ?s being the newbe that I am.

#1 What does FCG stand for and is this something you made or bought?

#2 What is in your upstairs windows to look like a scene playing out, video or such??

Oh my mind is going a mile a min over here so many great ideas so little time...........................

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Thank you. FCG stands for Flying Crank Ghost. There are plans on the net to make it yourself or you could buy one on eBay. I cheated and bought mine on eBay. This was before I made my other props and was too intimated to tackle it myself. Now that I have one, I think I could have made it.

The movie playing in the window is called Hallowindow by Mark Gervais. Check out this thread, it has all the info you need to get it and set it up:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/69951-hallowindow-2008-production.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts