Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds weird, but has anyone ever tried putting the crank for the crank ghost below the ghost? I realize I'd have to use some pullies or strings and screweyes to get the strings back above the ghost, but seems like the crank would be easier to hide that way...

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've wondered this same thing. It seems that everyone just hangs the ghost directly below the whole FCG apparatus. If you ran longer lines, you could place the motor and crank else where and build a box to hide the system.

·
Factorial!
949 Posts
i think the only difference is that you put the thing that moves the fcg on the ground and you string the wire through something on the ceiling.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Some people have used a set up similar to the picture to operate a FCG outside and keep the rig inside. I am sure you could use a similar set up to mount the rig lower.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
I mounted my motor vertically behind my ghost instead of horizontally above it like everyone else, so I see no reason why you couldn't do it under it. I had a base and then a post going up behind the ghost then a frame above the ghost. I mounted the motor on the post behind the ghost because I had a black sheet between the ghost and the post. I did it this way so I could make it portable. I could move it into a window in my house without having to make holes in the wall or mount something to the ceiling. I don't have any pictures of the set up so I made one of my ghetto drawings.

This is what it looked like from outside. At night you couldn't see anything behind it, because there was a black sheet between the ghost and the frame. This way I could still have all the lights on in the house and not effect the look of the black light on the FCG. :) Basically it was like a big portable shadow box!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, thanks you all, many VERY great ideas!!

I've now decided to build a mausoleum (gulp), so may do the regular top mount on a FCG stand and cover the stand with the facade...this 2009 yard just keeps getting more elaborate.. haha!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have run the crank below the ghost. I mounted the crank on a saw horse in some bushes, and ran the lines up to about 18 feet into a tree. I had installed three eyelets on different branches and the branches were at different levels. It ran just like if you were to hook it up in the normal manner. The nice thing was there was absolutely nothing visible in the tree. It looked like that ghost was truly floating in mid air. Each line was probably 40 feet long. Don't be afraid to try this. It works quite well.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have been building some FCG's this week 5 rigs so far for some sales I made.and will be building somemore So I'll have some rigs extra, so I'll see if I can set up a rig to run from under and I'll take some pics and post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts