Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished the front portion of my FCG Shack. I am still not sure whether or not I will add sides or keep it like it is. I finished on portion of the front porch. I still need to knock out the other 2. Then I can add the posts and the roof.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks Great.
I guess it all depends where in your yard it is, if it needs sides and a back.
what is the FCG gonna be rigged from anyway?
I am going to build a 3x3 box that is 8 feet tall behind the doorway. It will be covered in black tar paper so that it will make the black light more effective for the FCG. So most likely I will have to build sides for the Shack, because it will be on the corner. If it didn't have sides you could see the box for the FCG. So I guess that means more work. :) But, I definitely will NOT make aback for it. :D Most likely I will just build a 3 foot wide section for each side. Kind of like in the drawing by Skull and Bone.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finished the last 2 sections for the porch and I found two posts to support the porch roof. Hopefully I will be able to get them all put together and take a pic tomorrow. I also decided that it would be a good idea to have some short side pieces to help disguise the box that will house the FCG.

·
Registered
495 Posts
is this going to be viewed from a distance?
If you don't finish the sides, I would at least put plastic around the back, fairly cheap. This will help darken it so the FCG will stand out with no stray light from stars, sky, grave lighting, etc....

looks cool!!!!
-PB

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
is this going to be viewed from a distance?
If you don't finish the sides, I would at least put plastic around the back, fairly cheap. This will help darken it so the FCG will stand out with no stray light from stars, sky, grave lighting, etc....

looks cool!!!!
-PB
It will be about 15 feet from where people will be. But, it will be on a corner so I think having sides will help. He FCG will be in a "box'. I am going to build a 8 foot high 4 foot by foot box that will be placed behind the door section. I am going to line it in black roof paper so that there is no external light messing with the black light.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK here is a few pics of my semi completed shack. I got the porch sections done and threw a roof on it so I could take a few pics. I am not sure how I will eventually end up doing the roof, but it doesn't look too bad this way. The only thing I really need to do is make it a little wider, but I didn't have a 9 foot long 2x4. :)

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's really neat how you used uneven boards on the shed. Makes it look even spookier! I can't wait to see it completed with the FCG inside! Great job!
Yeah it is hard to make it look old. I found myself a lot of times trying to keep things straight and then I would realize it is supposed to look old and worn so I should just make it look rough. I will not be putting the FCG into it until Halloween. I have it taken apart for storage and I don't want to put it back together again until Halloween.

C

·
0 Posts
looks GREAT!!! I really, really like it!!! btw- love the flowers too! your yard is gorgeous!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
It looks fantastic!

Really nice job! I like the look and how it all disassembles and stacks. I don't know your plans for the final location, but it might be good to put something on the sides to deflect some of the light.

Really good job!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts