Halloween Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,465 Posts
Calloween, does the motor have to be 12 vdc? I have 3 3rpm motors for sale, 120 vac if interested pm me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep those will work but expensive. Dayton motors are good but for all my FCGs I got wiper motors. You can get them dirt cheap in a junk yard or Ebay and they have lots of spare torque.
Homey (and Others):

Approx what RPM's do your FCG's run using the wiper motors? Are you using 3v or 5v? And for power are you using a ATX power supply?

My fear is that :

@ 5v the RPM is too high at 16 RPM (per Scary Terry)
@ 3.3v the RPM is still a little high at 10 RPM, and some people seem to have problems driving their wiper motor @ 3.3v

I'm using a disco ball motor and counterweight, and FCG has run fine for the past two seasons, but I'm hoping to get rid of the counterweight. My ghost is light, but still not light enough for the weak disco motor.

Cheers
Shad

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Monster guts is the place. I am abeginner as yourself on motorizing my crank ghost and I have been told by several of our fellows that the whiper moter is the absolute best fit for this aplication. I don't know much about rpm in the aplication but do know Monster Guts has great stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts