Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. What's up? Well, I'm the proud owner of a new Chauvet Mirror Ball Motor 5rpm 8" 12" 16" 20"

...so now my question is... how the heck do I attach the wood/rod to it so that it'll act as my crank? I'm actually just going to be putting this flat on a table and running some extra string to the hooks that I already have on the balcony so an elaborate setup is unnecessary.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Could you drill a hole the size of the motor's shaft diameter, then a small hole through the side of the rod. Then slip the rod over the motor shaft and lock into place with a cotter pin through the rod and hole in the motor shaft where the "S" hook is now.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a wire hanger for mine. Not sure if that would work, can you take out that little hook in there?
No, at least not when I tried... I even tried to bend the hook, that's not coming off unless I cut it off somehow.

Could you drill a hole the size of the motor's shaft diameter, then a small hole through the side of the rod. Then slip the rod over the motor shaft and lock into place with a cotter pin through the rod and hole in the motor shaft where the "S" hook is now.
.....I'm sorry, my mind just went numb... I've gotta admit, I'm not mechanically inclined...as a matter of fact, besides my computer and my car's engine, this is the first mechanical operated thing I've built. I might stop by and ask my apartment's handyman tomorrow, he's definitely helpful...plus him being my neighbor and all helps out some. :D

·
Registered
591 Posts
cut off the s hook and place a threaded rod though the hole with a washer and nut on each side and drill a hole in the threaded rod where you want the washer for the lines to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts