Halloween Forum banner

FCG Motor Possibly?

3348 29
Ive been looking for a cheap motor to use to make a FCG, or possibly multiple ones. I came across this motor for $9, its a 5rpm motor....

5 RPM GEAR MOTOR, 12VDC

Will this motor work?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I read on Phantasmechanics Online (original creator of FCG), they use a 6rpm motor, but its a higher end motor $100.

The total weight of the one I plan on building would only be like 3lbs probaly less. So a cheap motor with plastic gears should work.

Thanks for the link to the other post! Its basically the same motor, and $1 cheaper to boot.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would think wooden dowels that thin would snap easily. The idea of using wire coat hangers is super simple and they dont break during a storm.

Thanks for the clearification. Ive got tons of ideas to do this year including multiple FCG's possibly.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And IMAGINEER ... I do apologize , but , where is the pic of your FCG ? I honestly did not see it . ( would like to see one made with PVC pipe )
In the back of some of the pics you can see it glowing. Its not a FCG, its just a glowing ghost... I didnt learn about FCG's until I had already had most of the yard haunt set up or I would have had the real thing instead of an imitation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.