Halloween Forum banner

FCG Motor Possibly?

3348 29
Ive been looking for a cheap motor to use to make a FCG, or possibly multiple ones. I came across this motor for $9, its a 5rpm motor....

5 RPM GEAR MOTOR, 12VDC

Will this motor work?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Hauntless
9,685 Posts
Here is a rather dark video of the movement of my new FCG using the $3 motor. My camera wouldn't take the vid from outside (this FCG is in my upstairs window) so I had to take it in the room right next to the rig.
FCG.flv video by NCchicka00 - Photobucket

Man, I gotta get a better way to do video!
I love the speed of your motor! I think the slower motor, the better and yours has the spookiest speed I've seen. Mine (Dayton motor) moves too fast for my liking: She's at 1:20 time stamp...

· Hauntless
9,685 Posts
Thanks, Terra! I actually do have another, more "traditional" FCG I built about 5 years ago using the good ol' Dayton gearmotor and it looks more like yours. She goes in one of the downstairs window and this new guy goes upstairs. Maybe I'll work on lowering the speed of my original FCG to be a little more *creepy*:D
We think alike! I'm working on the same thing. Gonna try to see if a dimmer switch slows it down. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.