1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,781 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diabolik, thanks for the info and for less than $6. I think I'll have to buy that pwm. I already have a 12v supply and when I get it finished I'll post another video.
Thanks again for the pvc ideal and the help.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,781 Posts
Diabolik, thanks for the info and for less than $6. I think I'll have to buy that pwm. I already have a 12v supply and when I get it finished I'll post another video.
Thanks again for the pvc ideal and the help.
You're welcome. We use a PWM very similar on our Watchman kit and they work great. It will literally let you take it to a crawl. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diabolik, I bought that pwm like you suggested and my fcg is working great. I might even slow it down a bit more and shorten the drive arm, as it's traveling a little to much for my porch. Here's a new clip and Thanks Again.
100_1451.jpg 100_1452.jpg

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,781 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Easy enough to make shorter. The crank arm on my ghost is only 6 inches between holes, but mine is in a bay window. Shortening it might even smooth out your movement a little. It still looks like it Is struggling just a little pulling it up and a shorter arm should lighten the load on the motor a bit. :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had a similar problem with using a wiper motor for my cauldron creep to stir the pot. I tried using a PWM speed controller, but it caused the wiper motor to emit a whining noise. Another haunter on here suggested I use a power supply that was less than 12 volts. I was thinking by reducing the DC voltage it would not supply enough torque. I was wrong. I used a 6 volt power supply and it worked like a charm. Slowed it down to just the right speed and still with plenty of power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts