Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought the whole kit from monster guts.. (except for the ghost) it runs great for about 10 mins and then it just stops. the moter gets hot so I suppose it shuts off becuse of that. after it cools down it runs again. I checked the pulleys and sometimes the fishing line isnt on the roller of the pulley, it is in between the roller and the side of the pulley but it does not seem to catch. if you pull on the fishing line it seems to be free enough to move. So i am not sure if that is the problem. the ghost is mde of wire hangers, cheese cloth and wig head so I dont think weight is the problem. I really hope it isnt a bad motor.. :(

Does anyone have any ideas of what it can be? my next step is to not use the pulleys and see if running it through just the eye hooks helps.

Thanks for your help!
Carol

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just finished my first FCG, also using the motor from Monster Guts. Mine also over heated and shut off after running for about 5 minutes. I had forgotten to install the fan on top of the motor, so I figured it over heated because of that. I haven't tried running it for more than a minute or two since then. I guess I should test mine some more.

If that happens again, I was planning to try using a counter weight to reduce the strain on the motor. But, my ghost is also very light, my fishing line is running smoothly, and the motor doesn't seem to be straining. These motors are supposed to have more torque than the Dayton motor, so it seems like flying these lightweight ghosts shouldn't be a problem. I'll let you know if mine has any more problems.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Belly monster.. thanks for the reply.. I checked my box and yup, I have a fan for the motor in there that I also forgot to install.. LOL.. I hope that is the problem I will check it out tomorrow. Good luck with yours, and thanks again.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cadu,
That fan should make all the difference. I just ran my ghost for 20 minutes, and it was fine. It did get a little warm after about 10 minutes, but didn't seem to be getting any warmer after that. And it was definitely cooler than before, when it shut itself off after 5 minutes.

Hope that solves your problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bellymoster..
thank you! the fan was the problem I ran it for a couple hours last night just to be sure.. I just love this prop, :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts