Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's going to be that time of year again very soon so I like getting started early, I have noticed all the flying crank ghosts and also noticed those cheap ghosts that move up and down on a string and the arms move. Has any one modded on into a actually scary looking fcg? I think it would be a cheap an easy solution.

·
Registered
916 Posts
If its a ghosts that moves up and down on a string and the arms moves its pretty much a FCG. The quality of the ghosts very a great deal and you can hide a not so great looking ghost in fog or behind some scrim. But, it would really be cheaper to spent a little time and very litle money to build a better looking ghost. I dont think I have $10 in my ghost and when he/she is flying around in my upstairs window, it looks great. I do agree that having the ghost in fog would look pretty cool.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If its a ghosts that moves up and down on a string and the arms moves its pretty much a FCG. The quality of the ghosts very a great deal and you can hide a not so great looking ghost in fog or behind some scrim. But, it would really be cheaper to spent a little time and very litle money to build a better looking ghost. I dont think I have $10 in my ghost and when he/she is flying around in my upstairs window, it looks great. I do agree that having the ghost in fog would look pretty cool.
Well what I am saying is strip off all the sissy looking ghost and just use the inner workings minus the string to use as a crank ghost, I guess I'm just being lazy and should build my own lol

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I think that would definately work for a cheap ghost as i have one that i hang up for my halloween party indoors, but it is no match for my real FCG. I guess it depends on your budget and technical skill. I mean a little cheap ghost is better than no ghost at all.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,682 Posts
I have both the cheapy one and a real FCG.

No contest. Real FCG wins.

Besides the fact that the cheapy ones are sound activated (although I'm sure the techie guys can figure out a way around that) there just isn't the same range of movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts