Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ... been tinkering with different fans to add to the FCG for a little "whispiness" ( if thats even a word - LOL ) under the black light and was wondering ,of all the vids I have viewed of the FCG , I do not believe I have seen any with them adding the breeze from a fan to it .
Has anyone else done this , and if so , what type of fan are you using ? I currently have 3 PC cooling fans aimed different directions ( all from above though ) and they seem to do the trick quite nicely .

Anybody ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
How do you rig your ghost up without drilling holes in the ceiling. Assuming you are displaying it in a bedroom window. Did you build an elaborate stand or something? Thanks.

·
Banned
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL
I can get away with it being mounted in the ceiling . The upstairs bedroom , which used to be one of our kids rooms ( we have 8 kids , all but two are grown and moved out ) , is now mine , which is converted into my plane room ( RC airplanes ) . So , I have to hang a "few" of them from the ceiling and with the popcorn ceilings , its really not that noticable ( not to me anyway - the wife has a slightly different outlook on it :rolleyes: )
It took a while to convince her , since my Expresscraft Systems 7 cat with twin CY26's was in our computer room taking up ALL that space . She told me if I moved it up there , I could have the whole room for my RC "stuff" ( LOL )

·
Registered
622 Posts
milemarker, just a thought. This Halloween, I'm going to try adding long wisps of the "black-light" reactive spiderwebs to the ghost. My hope is that with a fan, this will provide a wispiness as these "tendrils" kind of float around the ghost?

I tried it with a "ghost-ball" prototype last year and it worked really well. In fact, when or IF I ever get around to making an Axeworthy ghost, I will be adding long wisps of the spiderweb to the glowing gosts to make them more "wispy" (word of the day) as they fly through the air!

Anyone else already done this?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I use a larger 3 spd steel fan for our FCG - about 18" in diameter and is something you might use in your garage. I have a smaller one but I just could not get the smaller one to give me the movement I was looking for. I am fortunate that our ceiling is high and it works perfect to hang the ghost with about a 3' rope. We put the fan on low and you have to experiment with placement because it makes a huge difference as to how the ghost moves when you get it right it swings very nicely. If you don't get it right the fan will twist the ghost or push it into the window. We also spent lots of time ripping the fabric on the lower 2' of the ghost to get the "wispy' look. With the black light it is creepy enough to scare the small kids. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts