Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what people like to use to make cobwebs.

There are several options on the market:
- cheap stretchy cobwebs in all the retail stores
- drill powered web guns such as Morris
- air powered web guns such as Webcaster and Black Widow
- other?

If you have experience with any of these, please share your review.
Also, describe the area you cover:
- indoor or outdoor
- large or small
- regular light or blacklight

It would be great to see some pictures posted, as well.

Thank you!

·
Registered
204 Posts
We are thinking about beef netting for a trail haunt but know nothing. Where do you buy it? We want to avoid retail webbing for easy cleanup. Is beef netting easier? Reusable?

·
Registered
563 Posts
We are thinking about beef netting for a trail haunt but know nothing. Where do you buy it? We want to avoid retail webbing for easy cleanup. Is beef netting easier? Reusable?
Trentonmills.com sells it for a good price. I haven't reused it, but the roll is so large it has lasted awhile. Very easy to clean up.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,403 Posts
The cheapie retail cobwebs can be useful but you gotta really stretch them out & use them in the correct way.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Just watched a Youtube video from Stiltbeast where he used contact cement and an air brush to make cob web. We just tried it on our reaper gift it was pretty nifty on things like candle sconces and wine glasses. I vote Beef Netting as easiest to use, holds up well, clean up is a snap and plus it can be reused year after year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Beef Netting is one of the best materials to use. I have ran a sample web in my office this week and it turned out awesome. I will add a pic.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use the cheap cotton webs, they can be very effective if used properly. Unfortunately most people just pull them out of the package and throw them in their shrubs. I wait till a day or two before Halloween to install them, then I use a matte spray sealer to help waterproof them. You can also try cheese cloth which is very durable and somewhat realistic. Most professionals use web-guns to spray webs into place. They are the most realistic but usually only last a day or two if no one touches them. Attached are some photos from last years display (cotton webs and cheese cloth).

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
For those that go the ol' cotton route, do you have a particular brand or store you trust? I'm expanding my spider area this year for the new house and want something in addition to my clothesline webs. Not sure if it makes a difference, but if Spirit's is nicer than say Walmart or Dollar Tree I'll shell out the extra bucks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use the plain white webs (purple bag) from Walmart or Target. Spirit sales the same thing but at twice the price. Dollar store is similar but in a smaller package (smaller overall size of webbing). Just make sure to unfold it, grab it tight with one hand while pulling with the other to stretch and relax the cotton fibers. This is the trick to making it look more realistic.

·
Registered
174 Posts
For outside, we use the cheap bags of store bought cobwebs - we went a bit overboard last year.... but it looked good lit up!

Inside we use a mix of the store bought and voile netting, as we use it with a UV light, it was the best glow for the money!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts