Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite scary movie to watch during the Halloween season? Not sure I can narrow it down. I love Night of the Demons, I guess I just watched at the right time in my life you know how certain things you watch just become part of you. I also love The Worst Witch (the movie not the show) Same reason. I watched it as a kid.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I would say either Leprechaun or a Freddy movie.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I saw "Halloween" in the theater at age 18 and it remains my favorite, don't you think it has the BEST suspense/scary music? Not to mention Jamie Lee Curtis, who I admire. For a truly frightening movie, the silent original from the 1920s "Nosferatu" STILL creeps me out!
Unknown.jpeg
The remake with John Malcovich & Willem Dafoe is also very good!
Unknown-1.jpeg

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know I started this thread to find some cool things to watch right :) (and of course to hear everyone's stories)For sure going to check out Shadow of the Vampire, Thanks Kathy2008. How cool to have gotten to see Halloween in Theatres! I can remember my mom taking us to the movies when I was a really little kid to see the Shining, it was a different time then, those things were okay. haha... It didn't have that kind of affect on me, I was to young but I can remember my Mom just obsessing. Its still her favorite along with Jaws!
All of the others listed so far I have seen and love.
GhostTown if you love it its not dumb, everyone is inspired by different things. My brother (Grimpumpkin13) Was Blair Witch crazy for years. He would go out into the Mountains and bring back sticks to make the props with. Pretty cool! Not to mention my Night of the Demons movie is probably a lot less popular than Blair Witch, I don't care, I love it!

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's REALLY hard to narrow down...but I'd say Hocus Pocus or Trick 'r Treat (the one with Sam...not Gene Simmons :D). I also really love Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp. Not "Halloween" but PERFECT vibe. And I also love the movie "The Hollow" (with Haley Cuoco & Nick Carter.....it's my guilty pleasure lol)

Reactions: grimpumpkin13
F

·
0 Posts
I am a huge Freddy fan.

I also enjoy watching Hocus Pocus, Halloween series....really I am open minded and love watching whatever horror movie I can find on TV.

F

·
0 Posts
It's REALLY hard to narrow down...but I'd say Hocus Pocus or Trick 'r Treat (the one with Sam...not Gene Simmons :D). I also really love Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp. Not "Halloween" but PERFECT vibe. And I also love the movie "The Hollow" (with Haley Cuoco & Nick Carter.....it's my guilty pleasure lol)
I remember The Hollow! I havent seen it in forever!

F

·
0 Posts
A lifelong F13 fan here, ill always watch those. Trick R Treat is a staple for sure, killer klowns, so many others I'm not naming.
I always will remember Killer Klowns...I was like...gosh...it was under 10. I remember certain scenes but it stands out to me because I watched it after my sister split her tounge running into a wall. I fed her apple sauce while watching that movie LOL!

Yeah, I have watched "scary" movies since....birth, literally. lol

·
Registered
410 Posts
You know I started this thread to find some cool things to watch right :) (and of course to hear everyone's stories)For sure going to check out Shadow of the Vampire, Thanks Kathy2008. How cool to have gotten to see Halloween in Theatres! Going to the show was a community thing back then, I can remember the whole audience cheering & clapping for JAWS & Rocky, among others. I just saw "Jobs" with Ashton Kutcher & loved it so much I spontaneously started clapping then realized "Oh, nobody does that anymore!" LOL! There were only about 20 people in the theater at noon on Monday.

GhostTown if you love it its not dumb, everyone is inspired by different things. My brother (Grimpumpkin13) Was Blair Witch crazy for years. He would go out into the Mountains and bring back sticks to make the props with. Pretty cool! Not to mention my Night of the Demons movie is probably a lot less popular than Blair Witch, I don't care, I love it!
I've never heard of "Night of the Demons" have to look it up! I agree, GhostTown, tell us what you like, what you really, really like! haha

·
Registered
220 Posts
WOW! This is hard for me...Hmm, Hocus Pocus and Trick R' Treat are great for getting me in the mood for the season. I love them. I also enjoy Halloween, House of 1000 Corpses, and Nightmare on Elm St to name a few.

Anyone see The Conjuring? I really enjoyed it. I know some people hated it.I can see that being a movie that I will watch every year in the future.

F

·
0 Posts
WOW! This is hard for me...Hmm, Hocus Pocus and Trick R' Treat are great for getting me in the mood for the season. I love them. I also enjoy Halloween, House of 1000 Corpses, and Nightmare on Elm St to name a few.

Anyone see The Conjuring? I really enjoyed it. I know some people hated it.I can see that being a movie that I will watch every year in the future.
I have not see The Conjuring yet...but def checking it out once its available to rent

·
Registered
228 Posts
I always will remember Killer Klowns...I was like...gosh...it was under 10. I remember certain scenes but it stands out to me because I watched it after my sister split her tounge running into a wall. I fed her apple sauce while watching that movie LOL!

Yeah, I have watched "scary" movies since....birth, literally. lol
Yeah, I even remember the dreams I had after seeing it the first time when I was a kid. The funny thing is I never remembered the name of it until I was grown and saw it again. I was like "holy s***"!! This is that movie!!" Vivid memories indeed.

F

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I even remember the dreams I had after seeing it the first time when I was a kid. The funny thing is I never remembered the name of it until I was grown and saw it again. I was like "holy s***"!! This is that movie!!" Vivid memories indeed.
There was the movie I remember watching as a kid. I only remember the once scene in particular because my sister and I always reenacted it (we reenacted A LOT of movies haha), but I remember a girl getting her face pushed into a pot of worms by another girl. It killed me for at least 15 years trying to remember this movie.

I just watched the movie Heathers a few days ago assuming I had never seen it before. There near the end of that movie was that scene. Mystery solved!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Man, Ive already started watching horror movies in anticipation. Too many to list. Starting in September I will do themed weekends like for the haunted house weekend Ill watch:

The Haunting
The Legend of Hell House
The Shining
The Amityville Horror
Etc.

For Vampire Weeked:

Dracula
Near Dark
The Lost Boys
Fright Night

This goes on until Halloween night which usually consists of:

Night of the Living Dead
Children of the Corn
Halloween I + II
The Exorcist
Trick R Treat

As you can see Im a bit of a movie nut :)

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now I want to see the Hollow! I'm going to go and find it...
Kathy2008 Night of the Demons is a 1988 movie, Its pretty cheesy but its a haloween party that goes bad. A big possessed house and a bunch of dumb teenagers in costumes. I saw it when I was a teenager so ive always loved it, even made Angelas (the lead Character)costume one year. Its like a big black wedding dress.
I also love to watch the movie Hounds of the Baskervilles during halloween time. The setting is a spooky castle on a fog covered Moore. Its a 1959 movie with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee

Rclsu13 Friday the 13th is the first horror movie I can remember watching, my parents took us to the drive in movies, dating myself hu, haha....

Derdnik you have the right idea here!! I love lost boys, I had such a crush on Corey Feldman, haha...and oh my goodness Fright Night is one of my all time favs!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts