Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone has different fears, but what are some of your favorite haunt room themes??

And what types of scares get you the best?!

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Nothing actually scares me (I tend to just giggle) but some good themes:

Dolls/nursery room with haunted rocking chair, creepy dolls and toys and that plinky music that sounds so darn creepy in a haunted house

Bugs/spiders

Dot rooms where you KNOW there is someone in there blending into the walls.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
YAS. Okay, happy to hear this, because you hit two of our themes!! We have a cockroach & rat infestation room with a dead exterminator body wrapped in spider webs that leads into a jumping spider room. AND we have a black light dot room with a clown actor who looks like a statue until BAM.

I definitely think creepy dolls is a fantastic addition...maybe with an actor dressed as a creepy doll sitting facing the wall rocking back and forth until you walk by and...SURPRISE!

Registered
Nothing scares me, I bug people whose haunts I go through because I go through very slowly and methodically and comment on their decor. I don't care about their scares. :)

Registered
Well everything scares me especially spiders ?锔. I think a great haunt room would be some sort of haunted carnival with clown animatronics especially.

Registered
I like disturbing things jump scares seem cheap to me. f'd up twisted monsters and rooms where something is just... off.

Dawn of the Dead

Super Moderator
First, the only room to scare the ever loving hell out of me.

As a child of the 70s/early 80s, mind you, it wouldn't have the same impact today. I remember the cat walk we were walking down. Various pipes all over the wall. Fog blast of the pipes intermittently. Yellow lights twirling overhead down the hallway. A guy in a jumpsuit yelling we had to get out of there. As you turned the corner, someone in a full xenomorph suit come out of the wall.

There were two rooms AFTER that in the haunted house, I blew right through them, and didn't stop till I was at the car.

There was another room at this same haunted house, a different year. Actor in a straight jacket. Padded walls. He'd start fetal in the corner, then run screaming at you. A harness would catch him and make him swing UP OVER YOU. Freaky and unexpected.

I like variations on the dot room. I've seen glow in the dark masks, painted eyes, a rather annoying one that was a maze made of waste high walls (supported by full length beams, all painted dots) so well concealed you had to bumble your way through.

Fan of the vortex tunnel.

Fan of a good story in a haunted house, no matter what rooms fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts