Halloween Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite prop ever? You don’t have to own it. Mine would be Big Demon.

·
Registered
319 Posts
To be honest, the thing I look forward to most every year is seeing a classic Jack o Lantern. Hand carved, no template, no pinterest Jack o Lantern. Preferably carved by a child.
I agree, just seeing a JOL anywhere in a store or in front of someone's house makes me smile. I've probably carved 100's of them in the past 20+ years. Our family record for lit JOL's in the front yard is 39, all lit by candles.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,992 Posts
There is no prop no matter how cool or expensive that can compare to a carved jack with a flickering candle.....pure MAGIC!

·
Registered
181 Posts
As much stuff as I’ve bought, and as much stuff as I’ve built..the Empty Soul Girls are probably still my favorite. I think they’re a crowd favorite too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What is your favorite prop ever? You don’t have to own it. Mine would be Big Demon.

OK, I wouldn't call it my FAVORITE prop, but I'm always shocked by how many people get a kick out of my haunted hedge! (It's the small motor with light-up eyes that shakes and makes "Grrr!" noises.) To me, it's such a simple, corny prop, but it gets so many reactions, whether it's making people laugh or jump!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I wouldn't call it my FAVORITE prop, but I'm always shocked by how many people get a kick out of my haunted hedge! (It's the small motor with light-up eyes that shakes and makes "Grrr!" noises.) To me, it's such a simple, corny prop, but it gets so many reactions, whether it's making people laugh or jump!
I like those too!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
You could easily make that hedge out of those panels that hide air conditioners, garbage cans, etc. Used to sell them on QVC for spring/summer. Found images searching Faux Ivy Privacy Screen. Home Depot shows having them but I saw them for a lot less on QVC before.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you have a vid of that? I’m doing a hedge of some kind this year.
I don't have a video, but here is one that I found on Youtube. In the video, only the red eyes come with the haunted hedge prop. The red eyes make the sound and the movement. It looks like they added a few extra static light-up eyes, which is a great idea!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts