Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bucky Brain Surgeon
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was 11 I saw a movie called "Curse of the Werewolf". It scared the crap out of me. That was 1961. The last time I saw it I thought it was lame. I always liked werewolf movies, especially the parts where they transform. What a cool prop that would be. Anyway, the first Howling movie and Underworld Evolution I think are my favs but An American Werewolf in London is right up there too.

My dad used to take us to the drive-in a lot and he liked to take us to horror movies. He loved seeing me and my sister scared. He would always turn around when the scary music started to see if we were hiding our eyes. I learned to slump down in the back seat so the top of the front seat blocked the screen. Then I'd sit there and pretend to be watching. My dad would turn around and there I was, calmly watching.... the back of the front seat.

·
MASTER OF ALL I SURVEY!
100,685 Posts
When I was a kid I saw the original 13 Ghosts and it scared the #%@# out
of me. I saw them ghosts in my room that night! I've seen it since I've grown
up and I laugh at the ghosts! We use to watch horror movies with the lights
out....it added to the scary effect of the movie.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Fave Horror Pic - "The Wolfman", what else?

Fave Sci/Fi? I'd have to go with "The Day The Earth Stood Still", an aging classic. BUT... that classic is to be released in an updated version starring Keanu Reeves and featuring state-of-the-art special effects. Sometime in December, I believe. Check it out.

·
Bucky Brain Surgeon
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fave Horror Pic - "The Wolfman", what else?

Fave Sci/Fi? I'd have to go with "The Day The Earth Stood Still", an aging classic. BUT... that classic is to be released in an updated version starring Keanu Reeves and featuring state-of-the-art special effects. Sometime in December, I believe. Check it out.
What was the message delivered to the robot? Klatoo Baradda Nikto or something like that?

·
Incarnation of evil
916 Posts
I still like Pumpkinhead. THE ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!! Everything else sucked! The story in Demon Knight was great.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
That's right, Buccaneerdude, that famous line was from this film. The film was actually adapted from a story published in one of those old Pulp Fiction books they used to sell. The story was called "Farewell to the Master', and, in the original story, the Robot (Gort) was the Master and the Humanoid Alien (played by Michael Rennie) was a slave. I read the story, written by Harry Bates, when I was a kid. I thought it was stupid at the time, but then, hey, I WAS a kid.

That movie also gave us the line "We come in peace..." Now, they've got Keanu Reeves doing the Alien. So, will he be like, "We come in peace...NOT!"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts