Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is your Favorite for Halloween Prop Building
Lowe's
Home Depot
Your Local Hardware Store
Other

My favorite is a draw between Lowes and Home Depot.
How About Yours?

·
Registered
994 Posts
No worries. I love Lowes - mostly because it's the only large home-improvement store close to me. The mom and pop place is just too expensive and they don't carry 80% of the material I use for Halloween unfortunately.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I voted Home Depot, but thats only because its a lot closer to my house than Lowes, and I dont have the time to go across town to get to it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I love Lowes now they sell alot of Halloween Props and especially tons of good Christmas stuff too.

I used to like Home Depot where they used to sell Halloween Props but not any more!! :( I wished they would bring it back again!! Also they have good Christmas selection as well.

So I vote Lowes the top!!

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries. I love Lowes - mostly because it's the only large home-improvement store close to me. The mom and pop place is just too expensive and they don't carry 80% of the material I use for Halloween unfortunately.
same thing with mebut im in the middle of lowes and homedepot lol
I prefer Lowe's, because I know where everything is in there!
I was at one today, in fact.
yeah once we got one i started going there to try it and i know where everything is in both
I voted Home Depot, but thats only because its a lot closer to my house than Lowes, and I dont have the time to go across town to get to it.
ture with gas prices

I love Lowes now they sell alot of Halloween Props and especially tons of good Christmas stuff too.

I used to like Home Depot where they used to sell Halloween Props but not any more!! :( I wished they would bring it back again!! Also they have good Christmas selection as well.

So I vote Lowes the top!!
i like home depot to because they have a a few things for a lot cheaper then lowes

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have to say Home Depot. But today I was about an hour away from home and found a Menards( i think that's the name) This store could fast take over Home Depot, for me! Tomorrow is payday so I will be going back there to pick up things I found today for my electric chair, that I couldn't find here at HD or Lowes.

·
Super Moderator
5,787 Posts
Used to prefer Home Depot, but the local one went to ONLY self-checkout lines...which I hate, so I go to Lowes now. If I NEED a Home Depot, I use the one near work instead of the one near home.

(seriously, why on earth would you want people trying to scan assorted lumber, nuts, bolts, and etc that can't easily go into the countertop checkouts...it's a nightmare getting out of there on anything resembling a busy day)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I voted on a different reason. You are saying to make props, but I don't make any props with hardware stuff. The props I use are of cardboard, but to buy props - lights - blowmolds, and Halloween stuff, I pick Menards easily over Ace, Lowe's, and Home Depot.

Lowe's doesn't have that much Halloween. The ones I've been to, they only have like a endcap of stuff. Menards has a bunch. Home Depot you are saying doesn't have Halloween, but Menards also has a bunch of good Christmas stuff too.

Ace I got something for Christmas last year (These are twinkling bulbs) which are awesome. Crafty Beaver hardly had any Christmas stuff, but in the area it was, I can understand why.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Menards according to locator is only located in Indiana, Illinois, Wyoming, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, New England, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have to say Home Depot. But today I was about an hour away from home and found a Menards( i think that's the name) This store could fast take over Home Depot, for me! Tomorrow is payday so I will be going back there to pick up things I found today for my electric chair, that I couldn't find here at HD or Lowes.
we dont have a menards here in NY
Used to prefer Home Depot, but the local one went to ONLY self-checkout lines...which I hate, so I go to Lowes now. If I NEED a Home Depot, I use the one near work instead of the one near home.

(seriously, why on earth would you want people trying to scan assorted lumber, nuts, bolts, and etc that can't easily go into the countertop checkouts...it's a nightmare getting out of there on anything resembling a busy day)
that sucks there just trying to save a buck....
I voted on a different reason. You are saying to make props, but I don't make any props with hardware stuff. The props I use are of cardboard, but to buy props - lights - blowmolds, and Halloween stuff, I pick Menards easily over Ace, Lowe's, and Home Depot.

Lowe's doesn't have that much Halloween. The ones I've been to, they only have like a endcap of stuff. Menards has a bunch. Home Depot you are saying doesn't have Halloween, but Menards also has a bunch of good Christmas stuff too.
well i mean like real prop building not going to a store to buy props
Ace I got something for Christmas last year (These are twinkling bulbs) which are awesome. Crafty Beaver hardly had any Christmas stuff, but in the area it was, I can understand why.
well i mean like real prop building not going to a store to buy props
Is Menards not a common name?
not in NY
Menards according to locator is only located in Indiana, Illinois, Wyoming, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, New England, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
yep!

·
Registered
18 Posts
My little Mom and Pop store has great service and I would gladly pay extra for that, but they dont' have everything I need. I choose Lowes.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
We have Menards, Home Depot, & Lowes.
They each have their merits. I favor Menards because of their big Halloween & holiday supplies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts