Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
E Pluribus Bitum
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the Halloween episode of Happy Days, "Haunted." It's a favorite, and I remember it being one of the few Halloween eps of tv shows that actually scared me a little a bit as a child; I was 4 when I first saw it, and that headless lady didn't look quite so fake. haha. It's still in my top favorite Halloween episodes of all time. So what are your favorites? And why do you love them? Did any really freak you out? Which ones do you watch over and over?

·
Registered
64 Posts
3, 2, 1 Contact had a minisode of The Bloodhound Gang that involved a headless woman’s ghost out in the back yard of a home... that thing got me good when I was a young-n.

·
Registered
554 Posts
TV SHOWS
Happy Days - such a cool Halloween party!
The Brady Bunch
The Jeffersons - that rabbit!
Bewitched
LaVerne and Shirley - that house! I remember the dust from the couch!

Also...
Garfield's Halloween
Rugrats - love how they have multiple episodes for one holiday! They understand that one Halloween isn't like the others! Always wanted a Reptar bar to turn my tongue green.
Hey Arnold!
The Fairly Oddparents - the song is so fun!
Danny Phantom
Spongebob Squarepants
The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror - some are better than others
Halloween is Grinch Night - the trippiest scene EVER...but it's so good!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not a regular viewer or anything, but I really enjoyed The Amazing World of Gumball's Halloween episode. Here's a scene from it:

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,632 Posts
Toon version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Halloween is Grinch Night
Garfield Halloween

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kind of spoiled since I grew up in the 90's:
TV:
Roseanne
Home Improvement(Both were staples to kick off the halloween season)
Rugrats
Doug
Charlie Brown(of course)

VHS:
Halloween is Grinch Night- I had this on VHS I grew up with it and actually preferred this over grinch stole christmas
Hocus Pocus- Alway rented this movie when it was not halloween season always loved it, kind of crazy how much the fandom grew over time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We had to leave the Drive In when the Nutty Professor started to change. At home, watching the witch in The Wizard of Oz and her monkeys was so frightening I had to hide behind my sister.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As a Gen Z/ Millenial I loved CN's Scary Godmother! I mean the animation hasn't aged too well, and it gets a little awkward. However, I grew up with that cartoon along with Halloweentown series. Also found this lovely movie that was on ABC family years ago called the Midnight Hour. It came out around the same time as Disney's Mr. Boogedy (highly recommend that one too, it's very cheesy and has John Austin in the cast). Linking some of the trailers below.

The Midnight Hour
Mr. Boogedy

·
Registered
114 Posts
The Garfield Halloween Special.
That's the one that first linked Pirates to Halloween for me.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
One of my favorites is a special starring Raggedy Ann and Andy entitled "The Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile". It still makes me cry, especially when the pumpkin cries pumpkin seeds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown was a staple growing up. My Dad loved Abbot and Costello movies and it seemed every Halloween night one of their "meet the mummy/frankenstein/etc" would be on after we got back from trick or treating. Still loving them 40 years later.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the Modern Family Halloween episodes. A show that I am currently watching that has the Halloween vibe to it is: What We Do In The Shadows. It is hilarious and season 2 just started last week.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts