Halloween Forum banner

What is your favorite Halloween creature or symbol?

• Vampires

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Ghosts

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Skeletons / Skulls

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Witches

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Bats

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Black Cats

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Jack-O-Lanterns

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Zombies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Graveyard / Tombstones

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Spiders

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Other (write in comments)

Votes: 3 4.2%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what your favorite Halloween creature or symbol is. For instance, mine would obviously be spiders. What characters/imagery are you most fond of? I already know what some of your answers will be, but I'm curious about the rest.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thanks for the fun poll. Of all the things listed, I'm thinking that ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, and grave stones are the only things truly All Hallow's Eve. Odd how all the other things have piled on over the years.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Multiple choice, but with no 'all of the above' as an answer? What were you thinking?!:p;) I am pretty sure that my main addition to the list is a given...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
^*^ BAT ^*^ ^*^ BAT ^*^ ^*^ BAT ^*^

I like a lot of the others too but mostly...

^*^ BAT ^*^ ^*^ BAT ^*^ ^*^ BAT ^*^

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Many, but if choosing only one, the jack-o-lantern.

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the fun poll. Of all the things listed, I'm thinking that ghosts, jack-o-lanterns, and grave stones are the only things truly All Hallow's Eve. Odd how all the other things have piled on over the years.
And thanks for the compliment! Technically I think Jack-O-Lanterns are really the only thing that's specific to Halloween. Gravestones clearly exist in real life all year, and so do ghosts (in many people's opinions -- some disagree, but out of respect they're going to be silent, hehe) and paranormal investigation. Everything else is "piled on" because everything spooky is considered appropriate for Halloween.

Multiple choice, but with no 'all of the above' as an answer? What were you thinking?!:p;) I am pretty sure that my main addition to the list is a given...
Sorry, Garth; to be honest, I realized that I had forgotten to add Gargoyles RIGHT after I submitted the poll, but I can't go back and edit it! I would have added a couple of others to the list too if I were allowed to edit. As for the "all of the above" answer, that's easy... just click every box! :D

Reactions: 22606

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Why not:Fresh footprints outside your window? If you have ever had them,you won't forget them.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
These are all great, but the one that really does it for me is a haunted house. Whether it's a Lemax style light-up resin house, a metal votive holder shaped one, or a simple die-cut picture, a haunted house always draws my eye and epitomizes Halloween for me.

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a great poll! I was torn between witches, black cats, and Jacks. Those are my favorites, but you have to keep a good mix of them all!
Don't be torn! Vote for all of them! :)

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We ended up choosing all 3! Thanks for the great poll!
You're welcome, thanks for the compliment. ;)

Clearly, Jack-O-Lanterns are the favorite! This is useful information for me, as I might have an ulterior motive for posting this poll. :D

I'm actually surprised no one has said zombies yet (they aren't my favorite either, but I was under the impression they were pretty popular). But YAY, two other people said spiders!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts