Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking of what my favorite Halloween song was this year. That is a hard decision because there are so many good ones. There are the popular songs, the classic songs, and the new Halloween songs.

My favorite Halloween song has to be a NEW one called 'Twelve Days of Halloween' by Nooshi. I like it so much cause it's simply funny and creative. You can hear a sample of it on iTunes.

What is your favorite Halloween song and why?
:cool:
-Goblin5

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think my favorite halloween songs are just movie theme songs like "halloween" and "nightmare on elm street". i loaded up a jump drive with mp3's monday and have been listening to them in the car. I have everything from the exorcist theme to "monster's holiday" by buck owens! but nothing puts me in the mood for halloween quicker than john carpenter's music from the original "Halloween"

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
I love 'em all, but the one that makes me want to yield my ax is Insane Clown Posse's "Dead Pumpkins" Definitely not for children, but it's been stuck in my head for a few weeeks now.

Of course nothing sets the mood better than Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor" Reminds me of all the old vampire movies my dad and I watched when I was a kid.

Lizzy

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I guess my all time favorite halloween song is and always has been the monster mash. That song just screams to me it is time for halloween.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Travis and I'm with "The Lin Preston Band". (I know you haven't heard of us) We recently recorded an original song called "Halloween Killer" - don't be alarmed, we're not psychos, it's simply a tribute to those classic 80's horror movies. We just posted a music video on youtube. It features appearances from a few of those iconic movie figures. Anyhow, I'm really proud of this and I thought other Halloween fans might really enjoy this. Please check it out and let us know what you think :)

YouTube - Halloween Killer

if you'd like the song, you may download it and a few others from our myspace page at The Lin Preston Band on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We're releasing our first CD, "Musical Time Machine" on Halloween and are performing a CD release party that night. I believe I'll be going as John Lennon. (For those of you In Western MA)

Thanks for your time,
Travis

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great job, cool video too! I'm the PD at a Active\Classic Rock Station and could use that on Halloween day and night. I throw in several Halloween appropriate songs in the playlist each Halloween. Thanks for sharing it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey I really liked the video! Especially the ending. Great job!

My favorite song for Halloween...well, it's hard to pick just one but I guess I will go with "This is Halloween".

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I guess my all time favorite halloween song is and always has been the monster mash. That song just screams to me it is time for halloween.
I have to agree. As a matter of fact the Monster Mash and the whole original album is probably the reason I love Halloween so much. I still know every word to every song on the album. Who wouldn't love "Me and My Mummy," or Blood Bank Blues!" The Monster Mash came out when I was a kid and it has been a part of my haunting side since then.

I was fortunate enough to meet Bobby "Boris" Pickett a few years ago and I now have a personally autographed copy of the Monster Mash album on CD. I was saddened when he passed away not too long ago. That autographed CD is one of my prized Halloween possessions. :cool:

Eric

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Travis and I'm with "The Lin Preston Band". (I know you haven't heard of us) We recently recorded an original song called "Halloween Killer" - don't be alarmed, we're not psychos, it's simply a tribute to those classic 80's horror movies. We just posted a music video on youtube. It features appearances from a few of those iconic movie figures. Anyhow, I'm really proud of this and I thought other Halloween fans might really enjoy this. Please check it out and let us know what you think :)

if you'd like the song, you may download it and a few others from our myspace page at The Lin Preston Band on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We're releasing our first CD, "Musical Time Machine" on Halloween and are performing a CD release party that night. I believe I'll be going as John Lennon. (For those of you In Western MA)

Thanks for your time,
Travis

Great song and video how do you embed a YouTube video on here?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your time,
Travis

Good job very catchy tune..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ahh, that's a hard question. I do love me some Monster Mash
BUT. Right now, I'm gonna have to go with

"I walked with a Zombie (live version)" performed by Roky Erikson and the Explosives on the Halloween Live 1979-1981 album.

Love it. It's fun and it gets me so psyched for halloween!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I love movie themed songs, my favorites are from The Shining, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street. :) The Shining theme song always seemed to be my favorite. Another song that gives me the creeps is the theme song to The Amittyville Horror.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I suppose the ultimate will always be 'Monster Mash'...but also especially love 'This is Halloween'.

My new fave is 'Walk like a Zombie' from the HorrorPops.

·
>^..^<
797 Posts
I suppose the ultimate will always be 'Monster Mash'...but also especially love 'This is Halloween'.

My new fave is 'Walk like a Zombie' from the HorrorPops.
That's an excellent song.

My favorite Halloween-related song of the moment is Lord Kitchener's "Love in the Cemetery". 2nd favorite, Ascetic Junkies' "Dracula".

·
Registered
75 Posts
My favorite instrumental music is the Halloween Theme from the original movie. When I hear those notes, I get chills. Love it.

As for new for me this year? Death at the Chapel and/or Jack the Ripper by The Horrors. And I still can't get enough of Dead Souls by Joy Division, Thriller (Vincent Price's voice still freaks me out), and Surfin' Dead by The Cramps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't say I'm into anything new for Halloween this year, but The Hearse Song. You know, 'If you ever laugh when a hearse goes by, you will be the next to die'? I've heard about 6 different versions of it, and they're all creepy.

Other than that, yeah the instumental Halloween Theme always gets me, as well as Marilyn Manson's cover of Sweet Dreams.

·
Registered
75 Posts
HakuNeko I love the hearse song! I didn't know there were 6 different versions. My uncle taught me it (probably to annoy my mom) when I was a kid.

I think one of the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books by Alvin Schwartz had a version of the song in it, if I recall.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts