Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering about what floats your boat and why.

Me?

Gargoyles *** Cause I like old mythical stuff
Witches **** Because they are the queens of Halloween
Owls *** Recent addiction due to spooky folklore
Bats *** Me and the kids have "bat time" by the campfire when they all come out oif the trees to feast. Love that. The kids run around in circles in the yard flapping their wings. So precious

Antiques **** I wonder who owned it, if the person is still alive, and the mystery of how it came into my hands (if you believe in fate)

How about YOU!!??

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
I guess saying "everything" would be too easy of a way out...

Witches...because of all the ones I know
Graveyards, for the sculpture, the art, the spooky peacefulness...and what you can hear if you listen closely
Jack-o-lanterns, for the folk history and because I just like to carve pumpkins!
Gargoyles, because I love good architecture and architectural details...don't usually associate them with Halloween, but that's just me

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
My favorites are:

Jack O'Lanterns, cause nothing says Halloween like a malevolently grinning JOL!!

Witches, because you said it: they ARE the queens of Halloween!! I especially love a full moon with a witch flying across it. I've been talking for years about getting a tattoo of one...maybe this is the year!!

And a good misty dark old cemetery...nothing like it to get the goose bumps going!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny you mention that MHooch, I just got a skull tatt last year in honor of my halloween obsession. I turned a 15 year old peace sign into a skull.....how's that for symbolism?

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Oh so many - very hard to pick one favorite!
I guess witches would have to be my #1, followed closely by black cats and jack o lanterns.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Spooky Little girl....Im right there with you when it comes to antiques. I feel the exact same way about them:)

Cemetery's are the same for me. I love looking at old architecture and fabulous tombstones and wonder about the people there. This may sound odd but I find cemeteries very peaceful and calming.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spookilicious,

It's the feeling that someone is standing next to me at the graveyards that can't make me quite decide if I like the feeling or not.... Like when I was a kid, climbing up the cellar stairs.....thinking.....don't run.....just walk.....stay calm......even though they're right behind me. Why is it that I never lost that feelilng???

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I rented the movie Knowing yesterday and seeing all the orange leaves falling and blowing in nearly every outdoor scene along with the clips of the spooky house and foggy woods really got me going!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I guess I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Halloween. I like vampires, werewolves, witches, jack o lanterns, Michael Myers and just about everything else about Halloween.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
I'm unashamedly an old romantic...I love creepy, atmospheric Victorian/Gothic horror, so my Horror Icons are of the "old school"..Dracula, Frankenstein, Phantom of the Opera etc.

I do do gore if it's done well..Halloween, F13th and Hellraiser, for example.

I'm also a traditionalist, so my Halloween icons are the usual, Pumpkins, Witches and fog bound cemeteries..

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Funny you mention that MHooch, I just got a skull tatt last year in honor of my halloween obsession. I turned a 15 year old peace sign into a skull.....how's that for symbolism?
LOVE IT!!!

Pumpkins really put me in the fall/Halloween mood. But I'm also a big fan of spiders. We have several large spiders strategically placed in corners around the doorframes in our house and every time I look at them I get a teeny reminder that Halloween is also just around the corner (for me anyway).

·
Registered
471 Posts
Skeletons - I love the clean white lines of death

I agree with EvilMel on the spiders - love their creepy crawly poisonous little souls. Oddly, I haven't had any in my decorations the past few years except one that drops down out of a tree over the cemetery.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Skulls
Skeletons
Graveyards
Coffins
Jack O'Lanterns
Reapers
Fog - Lots and Lots of FOG!

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
Can't resist this one...The icon of Halloween for me is a Haunted House and Ghosts...When I think Halloween, that is the first image that pops in my head. Followed by the jack-o-lanterns, black cats, bats and witches. Then throw in a spector or two and I am in Halloween Heaven (or would that be Hell?)

Sigh! I wish it was today!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts