Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
First, before I list my favorite national brands...

Every Halloween we go to a local candy company.
These are our treats.
Halloween is seriously cool if you have a gourmet chocolate or candy shop. Pop in there and put together a small selection of treats for just your family, a sample of this, a piece of that. Between the hand-painted chocolates, the seasonal truffles and the really cool lollipops, we always find something new.
And we get to show a lil' love to a local business.

As for the regular treats, I like mini Krispies chocolates and Reeses Peanut butter cups, though I never say no to Smart tarts.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Last year i picked up the cookies and cream mini Hershey's bars. I love those anyway, but the wrappers were so cool. They had cute little grave stones with zombie hands sticking out of the grave. I tend to actually buy my candy based on the wrapping. If anyone understands this logic, it's people like yall :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
fun sized almond joys and snickers, just the right size to not get sick.
Yes! This!! Halloween is the only time I eat those or really any candy so I always look forward to them. I have to have some Reese's peanut butter cups too.... the tall, stocky ones in the fall paper.... I like them better then the flatter, wider kind for some reason. I also have to have some Dots... although it seems to be an unpopular opinion.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
If we're talking seasonal halloween candy, I'm fond of the black and orange waxed paper wrapped peanut taffy.
Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses! Yes! I was beginning to think I was the only person who liked these. Most people seem to HATE them!

I love Bit-O-Honey, too. Very similar, and I can only seem to get them at Halloween.

I like candy corn, though I can only stand so much of it at once.

And I also associate Tootsie Pops with Halloween, so I'll call them a Halloween favorite, too.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Haha, so much crossover between this and the disgusting candy thread.

I forgot some: mini packs of Reese's pieces, and individual Reese's PB cups. It's not Halloween without the classic "no wrong way to eat a Reese's" commercials. And fun size almond joy (not mounds - I always feel like a nut). Mini Mr. Goodbars and Krackel.

I also like Mary Janes, the PB taffy, and bit-o-honey.

Why don't they make fun size zero bars for Halloween? That's my favorite regular candy bar, besides Butterfinger...

Anybody else, slightly off topic, remember the Reese's ice cream pumpkins? Those were pretty good.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
Skull pops, though I haven't been able to find them anywhere in uhhhh.... 10 years? Hoping I can find some where I live now, just gotta wait for the stores to stock all their halloween stuff. They are so freaking delicious and only come out for halloween.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,580 Posts
the only time I will eat peeps are the chocolate cats Joanns sells, they are addicting, otherwise I cant stomach them. (vanilla flavored ones). The cadbury creme eggs anytime but in moderation and anything gummy, pretty much.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
They weren't out when I was a kid, but my adult favorite Halloween candy is definitely the mini-sized Take 5 candy bars! :D
Oh man, chocolate, a salty pretzel, caramel, peanuts AND peanut butter?! Yum!
It's totally bad for you - not even "good chocolate" really, but it's one of the "junk" candies I will give myself a pass on. I can often find a bag of just Take 5 bars and will secret them away for just me and a few lucky family members!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Candy Corns and Cadbury Zombie Eggs

1 - 20 of 30 Posts