Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think all the 2015 props look and work well, but they're all so specific in their use that I don't see myself buying them. A Cerberus nor a molten zombie nor swamp monsters fit my theme.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Cerabus dog was the best ive seen this season.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm disappointed in their props this year compared to the past few. It seems like they changed manufactures or something as the details and material are not as nice as the props that I've bought the past few years. I was very interested in the smouldering zombie until I saw it in person. also might have had something to do with the displays already falling apart and most of the props weren't working. I don't expect them to be as nice as the high end companies, but it was decent for people not wanting to spend thousands.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you know how easy it would be to make this..... you could always download the shock effect and puts some LED lights inside wire loom=)
This year left me a little cold compared to the last two years. None of the big props really do it for me. However, I do think the live wires is a pretty neat prop. Its probably the only one I'll pick up this year. Especially if pair with a flash cracker I can see this one getting some good scares.

http://www.spirithalloween.com/product/live-wires/106361.uts?keyword=electrical&thumbnailIndex=5

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
you know how easy it would be to make this..... you could always download the shock effect and puts some LED lights inside wire loom=)
If you're handy, sure, you could make it, but if you don't already have the bits and pieces lying around, they're going to cost enough to make it questionable whether it's worth you time. It costs over a buck a foot to get small lengths of custom-cut wire loom around here. I'd have half the cost of the prop in that alone...wire, LED's, battery compartment, heat shrink tube or a dab of solder, trigger switch -- not very expensive nor difficult to manage, but they add up. Where I'd be in trouble is installing a mechanism to make it jump and twitch realistically. Kudos to you if you could do it easily. I couldn't.

Edit-- I got mine and apparently they're duds. They don't do the electromagnetic dance. I thought maybe I was mistaken and their movement was something added by the folks who loaded Youtube videos, but nope; it's in the description. Disappointing. If I have to try to fix them, then I might as well have made my own from scratch.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, the manufacturers have shifted since Tekky's on its way out.

I'd say my favorites are the Flaming Black Widow (great concept and voice acting/phrases) and the Talking Skeleton Cameos. They're elegant and they're humorous, but not cheesy like the talking busts. I also like roaming Rosie Red and the terrifying Twitching Banshee.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts