Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the drinking scene and don't know many drinks or flavors. Heck, I don't even know the differences between martinis and cocktails and all that jazz. :eek: I've stuck to the fruity girly drinks (dabbled with a rum and a few vodkas) when I've gone out and seriously have no idea what to order.

I'm looking for something that puts one into the mood for the season. Or tastes like the season. You get my drift, savvy? (Even those that may knock you on your tushie until the season - haha just kidding.) Maybe not so much shots since those don't last long.

So what are you favorite drinks for the wonderful Autumn and/or Halloween season and how to make them? If you could include pics, that'd be great!

If I have a small party with my friends, I want to be able to have SOMETHING prepared.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hey Sneakykid! I have two resources I can give you for drink ideas for your party:

My Halloween Pinterest Board (with some really cool drink ideas and links to recipes):

http://pinterest.com/mysterymaiden/halloween/

And I have a whole board for party cocktail recipes, which will solve the other part of your problem (the non-Halloween part):

http://pinterest.com/mysterymaiden/cocktails/

For me, if you're going for Autumn, nothing beats Pumpkin. I love all things pumpkin around the cooler time of the year (And I just heard that Starbucks has brought out their Pumpkin Spice Latte today). Hope these two links help!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pinterest, yay! Thanks! (I don't drink coffee, so I'm afraid I don't know what a latte exactly is. :eek: )

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Adding Buttershots to things like coffee, apple cider and hot chocolate is a simple way to make an autumny boozy drink. It's basically butterscotch liqueur, and MAN is it tasty.

For my husband's birthday party in June I came up with my own autumny mixed drink - a shot of Kahlua, a shot of Buttershots, ice, milk and nutmeg sprinkled on top... Ohhhh, were they good. Dangerous, too - they're sweet and spicy and creamy, so you kind of forget about the booze... Until it hits you three or four drinks in! I got PLASTERED on those that night. :eek: (And I'm generally not much of a drinker anymore. So it was kind of weird.)

EDIT: Great. Writing about it made me want one. So I made one. And then another.

I'm such a lush.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For my husband's birthday party in June I came up with my own autumny mixed drink - a shot of Kahlua, a shot of Buttershots, ice, milk and nutmeg sprinkled on top... Ohhhh, were they good. Dangerous, too - they're sweet and spicy and creamy, so you kind of forget about the booze... Until it hits you three or four drinks in! I got PLASTERED on those that night. :eek: (And I'm generally not much of a drinker anymore. So it was kind of weird.).
If it doesn't have a name, you should name it! :)
How much milk do you use?

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
You basically just fill the rest of the glass. I use a regular sized tall glass. It's similar to a White Russian... But freakin' BETTER. I had a friend years ago who made something similar (his tasted like cake, I kid you not), and he called them Beam Me Up, Scotties. :D I think his were actually blended, though. Mine are just on the rocks.

I don't know what to name it! I kind of stink at this.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried a Pumpkin Spice steamer and it tasted...off. A little bland perhaps? Just not what I was expecting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts