Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new to posting here but have frequented these boards since last Halloween when my husband and I threw our first Halloween party! All of you seem so creative and helpful to each other so I figured I might as well jump into the forum now and try to contribute as well as get some great ideas! I am throwing a carnevil this year due to all of the amzing carnevils that have been posted. I really get into favors and food for some reason and this year since the food is fairly easy (hot dogs, nachos, popcorn bar, lots of food on a stick) I really wanted to be creative woth the favors. We are inviting 25 people total, all couples except for 1 single. Intead of individual favors I am doing one per couple/single. I decided I wanted to do deep fat fryers with a bundle of maybe 5 wooden skewers and have something somewhere say "For your own favorite fried foods on a stick!". It sounds extravagant for a favor but I ended up getting a bulk price for only 12$ a fryer and they are oster brand so it seemed like a great price for 13 fryers for under 200$. My dilema is not knowing what to do with them now. I don't want to just set them on a table. Should there be a game played for them? Should it be required to have a certain amount of tickets from other games to get the gavor at the end of the night? That way it encourages people to participate instead of sit around and drink all night. Also, should I wrap them? They are a bit of an eyesore just in the box they come in. I also don't know how to get the idea across that it is for "fried food on a stick". Without that it seems a bit odd to receive a fryer and skewers. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hmmm... what a fun idea! I like your suggestion of maybe tying the fryers to a ticket amount, so that you encourage people to play some of your games. As far as a display goes, maybe you could make a "Redeem Tickets Here" stand and the majority of the fryers can stay in their boxes displayed around, on or behind the stand. I'd probably wrap them up in a creepy way.

Then, have one opened as your display. Maybe put some fake eyeballs onto the skewers & have them sticking up out of the fryer. Maybe even some bones or bugs coming out of the fryer too, to make it look full of gross things you can cook.

As far as making it tie into the fried food on a stick theme, maybe attached to the wrapped boxes you can post a card that has an image of your Carn-Evil on the front, and on the back, you could think up a saying or rhyme that says they can recreate the Carn-Evil recipes at home. Then post a recipe for something they ate at your party that they can cook in their new fryer.

Welcome to the forum! Hope to see photos of your party!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Love the idea :)

We did carnevil back in 2012 and one thing we did to encourage game play was instead of giving out prizes at our booths we gave out additional tickets (which could b played to win more or could b entered into the raffles [they just had to write their name on the ticket). Then at the end of the night we gave away baskets that were carnival themed...cotton candy, funnel can mix, cheap prizes etc etc

You could use the same concept but instead of drawing few names draw every name through the evening...

It might b fun to download that obnoxious game sound (u know the one I think it's the clown head water balloon game) and play it on your phone at random times to announce a new winner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you I love that idea! It still gives a feeling of the excitement that goes along with having your name drawn but everyone in the end still gets it! Perfect! And the sound idea is great! I knew posting on here was a good idea :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jenn&Matt i just saw your response, I am definitely taking the idea of putting some eyeballs, bugs on a skewer for the display! Awesome idea!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts