Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If that caught your attention, tag along because that's this years haunt addition.

The plan:
Over top our existing sidewalk I will be building a rigid foam sidewalk that is skim coated with portlands. I have left over stain from my driveway so I can make it look exactly the same. My original concern was durability so I put down a test piece for a week and was pleased with its durability.

I intend to insert at 2 points an air blaster in the floor that has 6 air ports each, each running on seperate solenoid. This way it won't give away the next location of the blasted. These will be triggered by a trigger mat. One of them will blast water from my plant sprinkler system, it's a slow drip system so I will leave it on and let the air blaster blow the mist at people too.

I searched the forums I didn't see anything like this out there or with google. It's sort of like an ankle tickler but instead will be built into the sidewalk not on the side of the wall.

I promise lots of pictures, this will be a trial and error approach given there isn't much out there to compare against

Tag along and if you have any suggestions or advice please speak up would love the feedback

·
Registered
681 Posts
Seeings that you are in Canada I would have to agree with lilibat on this one. It could get fairly chilly up there by Halloween and I would definitely not want to be cold and wet even if it is just a mist. Other than that this sounds like a really cool prop and cant wait to see the pictures.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seeings that you are in Canada I would have to agree with lilibat on this one. It could get fairly chilly up there by Halloween and I would definitely not want to be cold and wet even if it is just a mist. Other than that this sounds like a really cool prop and cant wait to see the pictures.
Bahhh....it's not like I'll be blasting them with a stream of water it will be mist by the time it hits them. Besides up here in Canada we wear flip flops and shorts when it snows, we can handle a little mist :)
I

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I am loving this and can't wait to see pictures. I did something similar a few years ago. To enter my haunt you had to go down this path lined by a fence on each side

What you don't see is underground pipes and wires leading into the 6 foot deep hole. One pipe is actually a dryer hose that goes all the way to the bottom and faces straight up. It runs about 30 feet away and is attached to the end of an electric leaf blower. The other pipe feeds dry ice fog into the pit filling it, and the wires run to a red light that was fit into a little section cut out of the side of the hole at the bottom so it only lights the fog. You don't see the bulb, but you do see red glowing fog filling the pit to hell. Anyway, when someone is about to step on it, I fired up the leaf blower forcing all the fog straight up shooting all around them in a shaft of glowing fog. It was very effective. Sorry, no videos, but we did catch someone going through it in a picture.

Unfortunately the flash picture ruined the lighting effects, but they caught it just as the fog was beginning to shoot up.

I couldn't change the locations like you do with the sidewalk but the effect was similar. Really can't wait to see pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts