Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glued all my scrap pieces of foam with Glidden Gripper (Thanks Terra!) ... rubberbands came in quite handy to hold them together while they dried. 24 hours later I shaped & painted them with a base coat. Next step was to bend some mesh wire into a mound. Place over plastic & arrange your stones. Used Great Stuff to glue the stones ( ran out & ended up using hot glue for the rest). After a few hours you can move it around & tea stain the stones with additional paint. I finished it off with a faux stone spray paint. Will probably find some dead grass & tuck between some of the stones. Thin metal stakes should be enough to hold the wire down in my yard in front of the tombstone.

rocks4.jpg rocks3.jpg
rocks2.jpg
rocks1.jpg

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That concept could be combined with the breathing grave concept for an awesome effect!!!

Hmmmmm, adding one more item to the list of never-ending projects...;)

Eric

·
Registered
854 Posts
HallowweenKat - great concept! I want to do something similiar for my "un-marked grave - piled up like a cairn. You have solved some of my logistic problems. Thank you.
Wolfbeard - nice idea taking it to the next level with the breathing grave
HM

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hallowmarine, when you get your cairn finished would love to see pics.
Wolfbeard, looking forward to seeing how you do the breathing grave with the foam rocks.

Haven't decided if I'm going to put lights under the rock piles or add some dead grass tufts between the rocks (if I can find some).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts