Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my entire one hour presentation of how to faux paint your props. This was given at this year's KeepFest in Kansas City. Many, many thanks goes to FearCrafters for taping it: http://www.fearcrafters.com/ Subjects were Wood Graining, Rusty Steel, Glossing, Rivets, Acetone, Drylok, Epitaph, Black Dots, Tea-staining, Accent Colors, Drybrushing, Lichen, Stencils, Color-mixing and Griming. Whew....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this.
Any chance we can get a copy of the recipes handout that you gave out at the presentation?
Any feedback you can give on the variations would be great... such as the different ratios of monster mud

·
Hauntless
8,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you very much - glad you liked it. I may have looked calm but boy was I nervous. Hadn't had any wine up to that point yet :)

Here's the notes:

Wood Grain: 4 parts Glaze to 1 part paint
MM: Thick:3# jar to 5 oz. paint, Thin: 3# jar to 15 oz. paint
Rust: Red rust MM, Black MM, Silver drybrush, Med. Rust MM, Lt.Rust MM, Slime, Droppings, Glossing
Rivets:Fuzzy white bottom half-circle, fuzzyblack top circle, Stencil hole – white, Stencil fuzzy black bottom half-circle,Stencil fuzzy white top half-circle
Accent Colors: Lime green & raw sienna
Tea-staining: #1: Black, #2: Black, #3:Black & burnt umber then add in raw sienna, #4: Combo of black, burnt umberand raw sienna

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Terra,
Fantastic video. You present your ideas very clearly. Do you have professional training as a presenter or something??? :)
I had to laugh when you reached back and picked up the "iron" girder. Hilarious, but it really drove home how realistic you can make stuff look.
You can DEFINITELY "fool the eye"!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts