Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing this at the funeral museum:

I started thinking about doing a "Fatal Fairy Tale" theme. You know, what would have happened if things didn't work out "happily ever after."

I posted about doing a plexiglass coffin and having a decaying skeleton Snow White inside, dressed in shreds of the Disney dress (the blue bodice/yellow skirt with the red hair ribbon) maybe clutching apples and a scattering of dwarf skeletons around her coffin.

I just came across this:
Dissection of the Wolf T-shirt Design by dabicho from Design By Humans

Which is awesome, but also gives me another "fairy tale gone horribly wrong" idea: A wolf carcass being field dressed with a partially digested Red in the stomach (with the stomach made out of almost-see-through latex so you can see the digesting body).

Anybody want to add to this, or take any of the ideas? If I don't do this, it would be a shame to not have SOMEBODY do it... :D

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
OMG Frankie's Girl, what a FABULOUS idea!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

You could have Prince Phillip (Sleeping Beauty) stuck in the thorn forest instead of fighting his way out, just a shadow of his former self, hanging there in the briars.

Or the witch feasting on Hansel and Gretel instead of the other way around!

Or the prince and his human bride catching the Little Mermaid on a fishing line.

Or, to keep her from trying on the glass slipper, the wicked step-mother cuts off both Cinderella's feet and so the prince never knows that she is his true love.

·
Child of the Machine
748 Posts
You could also maybe do an area built like the witch's house in Hansel and Gretel. Make a makeshift furnace, and make it seem like the kids DID end up getting cooked alive, rather then the witch. The witch could be an actress or even a prop. Maybe the furnace door could be open, and you could see the cooking bodies of the children- accompanied by the sounds of screams.

At halloween horror nights they did this kool set up last year in one of their mazes- Where Rapunzel is laying backwards out a tower window, her torso outstretched almost sacrificially over the window ledge- and you had to walk into the tower- through her hair. It was really neat.

They also had the evil queen torturing Snow White, as well as a corridor of mirrors where she was in every single one- accept some where live actors and some were mannequins behind Plexiglass.

Alice in Wonderland is also and awesome one, with unlimited ideas. HHN also had a room where and actress dressed as Alice had gutted the rabbit and was eating his insides. You could also have that the queen finally beheaded alice- with the Cheshire Cat off in the distance snickering in accomplishment that he's actually the one that did all this to her.

And if you wanted to go more of the Nursery Rhyme root- you could take "Mary, Mary Quite Contrary" and have it so her garden engulfed her- so a prop body is strung up, maybe even gutted, by her own plants. Peter pumpkin eater is simple, just have a woman chopped up and stuffed in a pumpkin, maybe peter being a prop nearby or an actor, talking about how he loved her so much but is looking for a new wife.

I'd do some research with Halloween Horror Nights Orlando's setup last year. It was really inspiring for this type of stuff.
-Anthony

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Hey awesome ideas everyone. That shirt is wicked cool. I have a few ideas....

You could have Peter Pan crash into a tree- with arrows or something in his back.
Or Peter Pan could be a skeleton that drowns and is held down by chains. Or, Peter Pan can have half of his body sticking out from an Alligator. (legs would work fine.)

The three fairys from sleeing beauty could be ugly witchs instead.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You could have the Big Bad Wolf roasting the Three Little Pigs on a spit. How about Humpty Dumpty cracked and broken lying at the bottom of the wall that he fell off of.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
I've run into plenty of actual historic tales where things "go wrong" for at least SOME of the folks in the story in my research on witches. (new theme in 2010)

From the Norn, to Yaga Baba, to Spider Woman. There is a common thread to these tales that REALLY bad things happen, quite often, even to heroes that don't remember who they are dealing with.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a dark twist to the 'heros' of these stories, but just bringing back the darkness that befalls those in the stories that has been scrubbed clean for our wee little innocent children's sake by whatever powers that be bears mentioning as well.

For instance, the blinding of the step mother/sisters in Cinderella. Bring that scene back to life with Cinderella holding a knife and their dangling eyeballs...

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Absolutely. I collect original folk and fairy tales and those are some of the most violent and twisted stuff before Disney removed all of the darkness from them...
and for most folks the Disney versions are all they know.

I've run into plenty of actual historic tales where things "go wrong" for at least SOME of the folks in the story in my research on witches. (new theme in 2010)

From the Norn, to Yaga Baba, to Spider Woman. There is a common thread to these tales that REALLY bad things happen, quite often, even to heroes that don't remember who they are dealing with.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a dark twist to the 'heros' of these stories, but just bringing back the darkness that befalls those in the stories that has been scrubbed clean for our wee little innocent children's sake by whatever powers that be bears mentioning as well.

For instance, the blinding of the step mother/sisters in Cinderella. Bring that scene back to life with Cinderella holding a knife and their dangling eyeballs...

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
MHooch, those are some sick, twisted, disgusting, and absolutely horrid ideas..........I Love em' !!! : )
Thanks, Monstermaker! :D

I like UnOrthodOx's idea, too, of having the "original' versions of the tales before they were cleaned up for public consumption, that's great.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
MHooch, what a wonderfully twisted idea: "De-sanitized for your mental meltdown!" ;) I certainly wouldn't mind having that t-shirt in my collection.

What about the one where the girl kisses the frog, and it is supposed to turn into her prince. Love to see that one go: girl finds & kisses frog; frog starts laughing at girl & girl recoils in horror as she realizes she's suddenly developing warts all over her body; and in the end runs off as a monster as the frog & other swamp creatures look on laughing.

·
Registered
719 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts