Halloween Forum banner

Fat Esther 15

Tags
esther fat
1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kurtnotkirk 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
Fat Esther is about 6 feet tall and probably 2.5 feet wide. She is the standard pvc body, but we used 1 1/2 inch pipe, which caused her to be "big boned". Covered with chicken wire and draped with several layers of fabric, cheesecloth and creepy cloth, she became Fat Esther. She stirs the pot and her head turns side to side thanks to 2 reindeer motors. The fire is based on the many tutorials from this site. The cauldron is based on the tutorial that started with the rope handled laundry basket. The cave walls are craft paper. And the bird is our version of the animatronic raven. I don't know exactly who all on this site started or contributed to a version of something that we made this year, so, instead of leaving someone out, I'll simply say; THANKS!

#8 ·
Thank you everyone.
Matrixmom, that bluish photo is actually me, with Fat Esther behind me. I didn't know it was being taken but it's one of my favorite shots of he night.
About things that were based on stuff I learned from here: Fat Esther, the cauldron, the fire, 6 torches, 2 ground breakers, the raven, multiple witch bottles, the frog mound, and a tree as tall as the carport would allow. So there was a lot of forum inspired stuff going on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.