Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's in the backyard, has a budget of less than 500 dollars, but I have lots of props, and will only be about three minates long. I want it to be detailed. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For the old farm look. See if anyone is re-doing their deck or fence. The weather wood for those make great building materials. Also look for farm auctions. That is a great way to get cheap farm products for your scene.

Watch out for the farmer's Daughter.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
If you have a Big Lots near you, a couple weeks ago mine had some Wagon Wheels that were like $18 or something close to that. They were Big, and totally usable in a Farm haunt type of situation.... I want to say they are like 30 inches tall....

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If you have a number of skeleltons....
you could prop them up into postions- driving tractor, skeleton scarecrow, working the field, taking care of skeleton animals. lol

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Get a bunch of hay bales (usually about $4.00 each). Stuff bones and body parts into them, so it looks like people got stuck in the hay baler. Hands, feet and an arm or two sticking out would add to it. Splash some red paint around on them and you are good to go.

You can often get "mulch grade" hay bales for half the price of hay that is of feed quality to keep costs down.

Eric

·
Registered
666 Posts
a rocking chair that moves on it's own what farm isn't complete without a porch with a rocking chair on it.

also wheelbarrels filled with dirt (or fertilizer :p) and body parts with a shovel leaning against it.

if you have a storage shed you could make a fake front for it that looks like a barn or heck build one anyway to put on the far end of your yard.

shed full of old tools that are hanging all over (the ones that look really dangerous)

·
Registered
666 Posts
oh and don't forget the cages of scary animals in the dark you could pull that off without any real animals pretty easy use some recorders and put something in of similar size that makes people think there's a dangerous animal in there.

·
Registered
666 Posts
you could make a chicken coop with some fake chiken parts use some mangled looking fleshy things break open a feather pillow and toss the feathers around and coat them with blood and then buy those cheap ravens and cover their beaks etc in blood make it look they are eating the dead chickens or whatever animal you might have in mind. You could probably get the gross parts of the chicken feet head that's been chopped off etc from a farm that sells chickens not sure where u live at but if in the country you could even do that in advance freeze them and thaw them closer to Halloween and get some of the props in advance that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts