Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning chaps, I'm new here, blah blah blah, here's my pickle:

Halloween is fast approaching, and I have an idea for next years' fright night. A few years back I 'got into' Warhammer, or at least the multiple stories of the Warhammer universe and due to my dark side I've fallen in love with Chaos, a friendly group who nestle in the Warp neighbourhood.

In lure of this almost psychotic adoration, my theme this year is, of course, Chaos and my aim is to dress up as a champion of. Now these lads are typically dressed in the fashion of bits of dead people and armoured to the bloody teeth. See (1, 2, 3, 4)

However because of my body type (that is 5"10 and slim) I won't be anywhere close to the above (7"5 and rhino) so I've settled for a moddest-sized champion of Nurgle. You might have heard of him, Valnir the Reaper. His costume seems to be simple enough, not much plate involved, and no hasle with a rather cumbersome helmet that would no doubt be disgarded during the festivities of the night.
___

What I really need from you charitable lot is some feedback, and some textual help in how to make the 'plate', especially the shoulders (somewhat tricky). I've thought about cardboard with an overlay of really thick papier mache/mod rock, I'm also concidering fiberglass but I wouldn't really know where to start with fiberglass.

As you can tell I'm a bit lost in all the excitement of next years October that I don't really know where, or how to start.

TLDR; How do I made armour?

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,731 Posts
Welcome. Please keep in mind that this is a family site. Cursing is not allowed.

Thank you.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi Horgh, welcome here!
I'm quite familiar with the WARHAMMER universe, being myself an ex-player (I played the Undead army ;) ). Well I hope you are very very motivated because it would need a lot of work!
I would use cartboard too for the basic shape of the armor, and foam so it would be easier to wear.
Maybe you should look for Warhammer cosplay photos to get some inspiration.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I made an Uruk-Hai costume (from the Lord of the Rings) and used cardboard, plastic, paper mache and paint to make it look like metal. It was a lot of work but if you break it down to sub-assemblies and build it bit by bit it isn't too bad. Here's some progress shots along with the finished product. I've got some more photos and reference links on a website I did up...

Creating an Uruk-Hai... an adventure in cardboard & paint

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I made an Uruk-Hai costume (from the Lord of the Rings) and used cardboard, plastic, paper mache and paint to make it look like metal. It was a lot of work but if you break it down to sub-assemblies and build it bit by bit it isn't too bad. Here's some progress shots along with the finished product. I've got some more photos and reference links on a website I did up...
That looks god damn excellent! I'll refer back to that website lots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts