Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've ever had the pleasure of sharing your life with a Familiar or have experienced the arrival of your totem animal then you are ever so blessed.

At a later date I may decide to write a bit more under this thread on the topic of Familiars and Totem animals, especally if others have an interest in me to do so. But for now I wanted to share something special with all of you. My familiar Draven Serenity won pet of the month at his Doctors office and I wanted to share a tiny bit about this with you all. So enjoy, and I hope the link works.:)

Welcome to Cheam View Veterinary Hospital!

Ok once you're at the website, you'll notice all the heading on the left, well just look until you come across "Pet of the Month" and click on that, and that will take you to my baby boy:)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omg Rookie! What is your adorable Childs name? What a sweetie, and I just love the picture. Thanks for the compliments. Victoria was so crushed that they couldn't fit my entire write-up on the website page so she had to edit some of it, but she did a wonderful job at deciding what could be left out.
The page she did up that is on their wall, the girls were so sweet and did me up a duplicate of it, so it's out getting framed. When it's done I'll see if I can be successful at posting a picture of it.
Thanks so much for sharing your baby here.:)

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
I, too saw the web page and write up about the one and only Draven Serenity. What a gorgeous boy he is. And what an eloquent and beautiful tribute written by his mistress. I wish I could write that well. Congrats to you and your beautiful boy.

Alas, I am allergic to cats. :( But black ones are my favorite.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mamma Hooch!!! Oh my How I've missed you! Bless your soul for such lovely words:) I'm so glad you saw his page:)

I hope LaurieS is back on and will find this thread, I know she just loves Draven, thought he'd make her day:)

^v^Big Batty Hugz Mamma Hooch^v^

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey GDFreak, thanks sweetie! Yep he's my love. And yes, if hubby and I get to have children I plan to name if it's a girl, Draven Serenity, right after him, and if it's a boy, Draven will be somewhere in there, but for a boy I also like Sully, and Seth. But Draven will be in there somewhere. I have far more boys names picked out then girls, guess that's cause I'm hoping I'd have a little boy, girls are just way to complicated and to much trouble;) But for a girl I've always loved Mina and somewhat Mischa and Tessa

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GDFreak, just explain to your future wife the beautiful sensitive meaning behind the name. Draven means: Child of Beautiful Shadows and defender of true love, now how could a girl not possibly like that;)

My in-laws freaked when hubby told them I plan on naming our child after my familiar, lol, it fit perfect really cause they already think I'm the biggest freak out there:)

·
Doomed to walk the earth
1,062 Posts
wow what a good lookin kitty congradulations draven ...wow he looks like my trick..on the right of pic ..all 27 pounds of him LOL..my other kitty is treat ...my baby and i have 3 more inside and 1 outside
tsunami bunny gizmo (gizzy) and oatmeal

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow Child, you have your hands full there. Yep, Trick and Draven do look a like don't they:) I haven't seen a Tuxedo in a long time, have no clue why, just haven't, treat is very composed looking,lol. Love the adorable names Gizzy and Oatmeal:D Thanks for sharing your babies with us.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey jack, nothing wrong with that. First off, we don't choose our totem animals, they choose us. They come to you or reveal themselves to you for a variety of reasons. But generally speaking, they come to show you through their personal skills and ways how to deal with something in your life, or to help teach you something in your life you need to learn or focus on. It could be how to deal with a life challange, or to help awaken you to a new spiritual awareness. In other words, really they come to offer you knowledge by showing you how through it's own abilities it's overcome challanges to survive. Also, they signal a time to connect with your true self, or your life purpose. "the first thing that comes to mind with you mentioning a garden slug would be a need to slow down, that you're stretching yourself in extreme lengths" or it may be an indication of rainy nights, or that you've been on a long travelled path in your life. really it's very personal, but that might offer you an idea of what I mean.
Watch for repeated appearances and of repaeated patterns and behaviours.

You can ask for your totem animal to reveal itself to you, like asking it to appear to you in a dream, or spend time meditating close to nature, but don't try and seek out a particular animals, let your totem come to you natural and accept what appears:) Also, you can have more then one totem at the same time. Ok, hope that helps some~Blessed Be~:)

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
I had a blue jay come to me a few years ago when I was going through a major change in my life. It was wild but would come to eat out of my hand. It would hear when I came outside and perch on the roof above me, waiting.

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
That is a very cool story Maleficent. Wonder what Dutchess will tell you about the blue jay.

Mine is frogs. Same kind of situation as you Maleficent - some major changes in my life.
Frogs appeared. Some one mentioned to me totem animals. I looked up frogs and it was a good thing. Our house is still surround by frogs. And they hop right in the house. We constantly are amazed they they hang out with us. Many many kinds of frogs. My husband
even created a pond, orginially intended to be a fish pond, but the frogs turned it into their own personal RAVE. None of my neighbors have frogs like we do. It is rather very cool and I am proud the frogs found me. I hope that they will always be my strongest totem, but I know that from time to time I have others.
Had a short period where Moths - became very evident. Luna moths in particular.
It is all very interesting.
So is this thread.
Enjoyed.
Draven. Great name. Beautiful cats everyone !

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
thank you duchess, beautifull cat, beautiful name & wonderful thread :)

i have my two boys Eric

& Spike

but i find myself surrounded by cats all the time, they hang about in my garden. i would have more, indeed i would adopt every stray i see, but hubby has put a limit on the 2 i have (just as well as i am allergic & have to take antihistamines every day as it is) I also love frogs, but unfortunately my neighbour is terrified of them, so when she found her pond inhabited by them, hubby & i drained the pond for her & rehomed all the frogs, newts plus a large orange toad we found there. i now find i have a large hedgehog living in my garden which i am delighted about. Living in the country i have ample opportunity for animals to cross my path & i consider myself very fortunate. i often find myself in a position to help animals by rehoming them or saving them in some way & believe that these animals are sent to me for that reason. :)

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
GDFreak, just explain to your future wife the beautiful sensitive meaning behind the name. Draven means: Child of Beautiful Shadows and defender of true love, now how could a girl not possibly like that;)

My in-laws freaked when hubby told them I plan on naming our child after my familiar, lol, it fit perfect really cause they already think I'm the biggest freak out there:)
I'll have to remember that;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
As I tell this, please remember it was a different time.
A different country and PEOPLE.
We are not and were not cruel people. But it was 40 years ago. Black and white t.v's with three channels. No Beatles in the house. We lived on a farm where we tossed dead animals on the compost heap when their time came. We thought it was fun to take deep licks of the cows salt lick.
For this reason, there are no pictures of my first familiar...Cap'n Crunch The Cat.
Taking pictures of a cat was seen as a waste of film.
It was the way it was. My father even felt it necessary to apologize for taking pics of his favorite dog, Sandy to some people when they would ask why he had done that...he could tell them some stories, they would smile. As if he was just too sentimental for his own good.

I forget the name of the Diva Cat that was Cap'n Crunch's mom. But her brood was so big we were all allowed to have one for a pet. Cap'n Crunch came over and FLOPPED down on her back in front of me and just yelled.
Even then I could take a hint. She would stare with a glance that seemed older then old..you could stare back for a long time.
I named her after my favorite breakfast cereal. Her name was shortened to Crunch.
Crunch felt it necessary to re-populate the world with cats. To this end she achieved the farm status of Miss Popular. She would hook up with every cat in four counties and noisy hook ups they were. Dad would get up in the middle of the night after we were all kicked out of deep summer sleep by the noise from her dates and try to put a stop to it. You could tell it was her every time. Deep throaty howls that made you laugh...even if they scared young kids.
Dad never found her but also never carried out his threat to clean her clock in the morning either.
Yes. We should have had her fixed. I know that. But...like I said, a different world...it just never OCCURED to us..She became the new farm Diva Cat.
She would come up to the porch every day to follow me up from the barn. She would flop on the grass after Mom kicked her off the porch...and start to shed FISTFULLS of her fur on the lawn. Mom would get a jug of water and toss it at her and get her wet. The water would hit Crunch and she'd move off the lawn. After a few years, Crunch learned to judge the arc and could roll safely away to stay dry and laugh at Mom.
And a few years after that, Mom learned to only throw half the jug at her. Crunch would roll over to miss the first hit, and then get nailed on the rebound while she was laughing.
Eventually Crunch wore Mom out and she got to sit on the porch in the sun most of the time.
At Halloween she would chew some of my Halloween kisses, sit beside me and purr. She'd chew pieces off with her front teeth and gnaw on them with her back teeth. We'd sit on the hill, watch the fall colors and just be.
The weird part of all of this comes one morning when I was really really sick. Forget with what. Usually only Mom could get Crunch off the porch. And Crunch did NOT share the porch. But this time, my dog Sparky was up there with her. Both of them logether, and watching the door instead of fighting. Not taking their eyes off the door. Baby Brother decided to bring Sparky in to help cheer me. I don't know why.
He brought Sparky up to me and Sparky licked my face. Now remember ANIMALS were NOT allowed in the house. Never, ever. But Mom and Dad had left and Baby Brother just could NOT help himself.
It did wonders and I was able to sit up and smile and laugh..so we took the dog down stairs on on ANOTHER impluse we held him up and let him see himself in the big kitchen mirror.
Sparky went ballistic and barked and emptied his bladder at the same time at his own refletion.
Now we were in for it.
Baby Brother and I got him back outside and cleaned the kitchen floor to hospital operating room standard, working a long time...Mom was SO touched when she came home and thought I had gotten out of my sick bed to help out with the cleaning...she still doesn't know to this day.
She would come to the front door and sit and look at us every day, rain, sleet snow..then after she checked out everything, making sure we were doing it right, head back to the barn.
So we knew by the end of her run things were winding down when she was missing more and more mornings.
One day the vet was in looking at some cows and Igot him to come with me. She hadn't been up in days..She was up in the hayloft..just looking at me as I approached. Weak, but still noisy. Our eyes locked and I knew what she wanted.
"How much to take her out?" I asked.
"For you, free.." he replied. "Hold her, she'd like that.."
I picked her up and it was over before either of us knew what hit.
I got the shovel and the family was out of the house, trying to figure out WHAT I was up to NOW..
"I'm burying my cat in the orchard beside the barn." I explained." I think she'd like that.."
My older sister started to say:"Cats just go on the.."
I wheeled and stared. Just stared. Go on, hag, I thought..SAY it...let everyone know what an incredible piece of WORK you really are...
And she completed the sentence and I just calmly told her;"NOT this time."
The orchard became our Hall of Fame for good animals and pets.
She was grey and white and a tabby and taught me how to handle my big sister by giving her enough room to hang herself with her own hostility towards everything. She could lose you in those eyes that seemed to have been old at birth..like she had seen the pyramids and decided to hang around and see if we silly humans could come up with anything to top them. I got the feeling nothing had.
At Halloween she would attack the trick or treaters and try to eat their ankles..maybe she wanted more Halloween kisses.
yes. I would like a picture. But it balances out...sometimes when the first cold fall weather hits I wake up having dreamed of us on that hill and smile over the morning tea...

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
uncletor

I am absolutely touched to tears.

Truely, what wonderful silk piece you possess. You are rich and most wise . Not only are you a gifted writer ( because as I read , I felt like I was there and could feel what was happening in your life) but for the presence of such an amazing animal and your understanding of that.

More tears.

Do you have any more silk threads of you life to share? I loved how you related your personal story to us. Yes, very deeply touched. Would like to hear ( see?) more.

I am feeling all sappy inside. Smile. Its a nice thing when the cold heart thaws for a moment and turns to honey. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts