Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start a thread about new or favorite Halloween or fall candles/Wax melts/other scented items. I was just using a Yankee Candle Apple Cider wax melt and thinking of what scents I'll have going again this fall!

Registered
I'm anxiously awaiting the new and returning scents this year!

Yankee Candle Favorites:
Pumpkin Pie
Spiced Pumpkin
Moonbeams on Pumpkins

Bath & Body Works/ White Barn:
Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow
Apple Pumpkin
Sweater Weather
Autumn Day (which unfortunately was discontinued a few years ago)
Leaves
Autumn

I prefer the Bath & Body works scents, but honestly anything fall is awesome. Can't wait until later this summer when they start hitting the shelves!

Registered
I'm anxiously awaiting the new and returning scents this year!

Yankee Candle Favorites:
Pumpkin Pie
Spiced Pumpkin
Moonbeams on Pumpkins

Bath & Body Works/ White Barn:
Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow
Apple Pumpkin
Sweater Weather
Autumn Day (which unfortunately was discontinued a few years ago)
Leaves
Autumn

I prefer the Bath & Body works scents, but honestly anything fall is awesome. Can't wait until later this summer when they start hitting the shelves!

Registered
Glad to see this thread come up!

I'm really excited that we are getting close to the fall releases. A couple bits of news that I've picked up-

The new for 2018 Yankee fall fragrances are Sun Kissed Thistle, Autumn Pearl, Enchanted Moon and Poached Pear Flambe. They are announced as UK fragrances but are expected to come to the US for the season. Some outlet stores already have them showing up. Knowing Yankee, there will also probably be several other new ones as well.

For Halloween both Witches Brew and Sweet Seduction will be coming back in new look jars (you can find pics online). I have talked to my friend Shane the Candle Enthusiast on YouTube and he says that Forbidden Apple is also slated to return, along with a new scent. There is also apparently two Halloween Returning Favorites as well. He is not positive on all of that though.

For Witch City Wicks, I recently talked to the owner Liz about Halloween on instagram and she says that there will be two new scents for the year plus one of the previous ones is getting a total refresh, so in essence there will be 3 new ones.

Bath and Body Works fall candles will start to trickle out to test stores in July.

Also, and perhaps most importantly, I'd recommend that everyone be on the lookout for HomeWorx candles by Harry Slatkin. They are sold via QVC and for those unaware of who he is, he is the man who developed the 3 wick candle for bath and body works and was in charge of their home fragrances division. He started his own company last year and the spring fragrances were amazing. He is currently on hiatus until July when he is doing the Fall/Christmas release on QVC. I cannot wait to burn his fall stuff this year!

Kitchen/Green Witch
I always love to grab up some B&BW Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow, Pumpkin Apple, Leaves and Marshmallow Fireside...I usually get a Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, too, just for tradition, lol. (Not to mention, all the new Fall scents for hand soaps, too!)

I love getting wax tarts of those same scent versions at Yankee, too, like Campfire Treat and Apple Pumpkin.

Then, of course, my Better Homes and Gardens wax melts, like my fave Farm Apple Pumpkin and Sweet Candied Apples...I'm hoping they will, also, bring back the new BH&G melts they had last year, which were Honey Crisp Cider and Harvest Moon...both so lovely!

I can't wait to see all the new offerings, everywhere, this season!!! It's so exciting!! :D

Kitchen/Green Witch
For anyone who might be itching to get some Fall scents, now, I was at Walmart, yesterday, and they had a bunch of Yankee Fall scented candles on clearance from last season, and they still smelled great! Oddly, though, they were hidden in the aisle with the pillows and such, lol. I would have never found them if I weren't looking for a pillow! I grabbed a couple small jar candles...Pumpkin Pie and Honey Crisp Apple Cider...to hold me over. I bought some for my mom, too. The small Yankee jar candles were marked down to $2 each. They had other Fall scents, as well, that were other brands, like BH&G wax melts, which I, also, grabbed some of...those were 75 cents each. EDIT: I had to run back up there, today, and was able to grab a medium BH&G jar candle, Warm Pumpkin Cookie, on clearance, too! I grabbed a couple more of the small Yankee jar candles, too...it's too good of a price to pass up.
:D

Registered
I just ordered some
Black Sand Beach items from YC鈥檚 SAS. I love the patchouli scent in this. It鈥檚 a great scent to hold me over until fall and Halloween scents release.

Kitchen/Green Witch
I was just about to post that Yankee was having their Semi Annual Sale, lol. I can usually find a few Fall/Halloween scents here and there. We don't have a Yankee close to us, so I have to wait until I go out of town, next. Hopefully, we won't miss the sale.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
I was just coming here to post about the sale, as well! I saw that under their "Fall fragrance preview" page they listed Poached Pear Flambe, Sugared Cinnamon Apple, Sun-kissed Thistle, and Tranquil Mist. I'm planning to go sometime this weekend and see what fall/Halloween scents might be roaming around the store! I've gotten into wax melts more so than candles recently (especially the melt cups, because I can just empty out the wax and use it for tarts as well) but if there are some Forbidden Apple or even swirl medium candles I might pick them up!

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I saw some fall scents at the YC store I went to yesterday, mainly in the tarts and votive samplers. There were also some of the fall candle holders available. When I was done with my purchase I was given an in-store coupon for a free medium fall jar candle with a purchase of $30, and it starts July 5. The available scents were the 4 I listed above plus Enchanted Moon, Autumn Pearl, and Luscious Pumpkin Trifle.

Premium Member
As long as they bring Haunted Hollow back this year...I was so afraid they wouldn't that I literally bought all their stock in it during the season and then later during one of their sales.

That scent just really triggers a very special Halloween memory and it's one of my favorite scents that they've ever carried.

Registered
As long as they bring Haunted Hollow back this year...I was so afraid they wouldn't that I literally bought all their stock in it during the season and then later during one of their sales.

That scent just really triggers a very special Halloween memory and it's one of my favorite scents that they've ever carried.
Haunted Hollow really smelled to me just like a haunted attraction. I did the same thing as you and stocked up as I do not think it will come back. It's crazy how tight lipped Yankee is about their Halloween stuff. Hopefully soon!

Moonlighter

I couldn't resist getting it last year with that cool tumbler jar that had the spooky writing inside that revealed as the candle burned. I have to give Yankee props for the packaging on that. I found mixing it with the other scents really enhanced the Halloween vibe all around, especially mixing it with the sweeter scents. I tried it with Forbidden Apple and that combo was just pure Halloween. It darkened up the fragrance and added a really spooky element to it, like something you'd expect to find in a witch's hut. My store had Candy Corn & Forbidden Apple melts and votives and some of the Haunted Hollow melt cups at 75% off for the SAS. :D

Kitchen/Green Witch
I went to a Yankee store, out of town, for the SAS but, alas, I found no Fall or Halloween. I was so disappointed. If we go out of town, again, this weekend, I may have to try a different store.

I did, however, find some Fall melts at the B&BW SAS...but just two scents...and a small Burbon Sea Salt Caramel candle, which is sort of Fall-ish.

I guess I'll just have to wait for all the new stuff to come out...was really hoping to get some more 75% off deals, lol.

Kitchen/Green Witch
...well, another failure at finding 75% off Fall/Halloween deals at another Yankee SAS. I DID, however, finally get to find some of the new Fall scents to take a quick sniff of. I was correct in thinking Luscious Pumpkin Trifle, Poached Pear Flambe and Sugared Cinnamon Apple were gong to smell amazing!! The store I went to had a tiny display of them to check out. I adored all three of these new scents and will, for sure, be grabbing all of them in tart form when available!

It looked like they were JUST starting to get in some of the other end of Summer/ early Fall scents, too, and clear shelves for them. :D So exciting!

Registered
Not entirely sure this is the right spot, but Scentsy's doing their flash/clearance sale and a few Halloween/fall things have popped up, be they scents (brick of pumpkin roll) or the warmers from last year. Thought someone else might like to know.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts