Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see this thread started yet this year so thought I'd get it kicked off. Post anything fragrance related here, including wax melts, plug-ins, clips, sprays, body care, candles and Fall or Halloween accessories - any type, any brand (no Boney Bunch though- there's a separate thread for that collection. :)) Share your hauls, sale finds, reviews (we love those!) even your empties. Hoping to hear from other candle junkies as well as Fall & Halloween scent lovers in general.

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot to share my own haul! :rolleyes: Here's my latest splurge from the Yankee Candle semi-annual sale. I was able to find a few Fall scents in the store too. Their Pure Radiance candles are being cleared out at 75% off now and the Pumpkin scent in that line is really good. I also got a box of Pumpkin Pie tealights and was shocked to find the now-retired Pumpkin Ginger Bark in both a medium jar and tealights. And let me tell you, those little tealights are STRONG in that scent. One tealight scented my whole living room. I also got a vent clip that is not shown in this pic, but it's already at work in my car. :D
YS SAS sale 2017.jpg

·
Registered
246 Posts
Glad you started this thread Spookywolf!

Nice haul. Sadly I couldn't find anything I wanted at either BBW or YC's SAS going on right now. All the 2016 fall/halloween stuff was all gone. Oh well though, probably for the best for me since the new 2017 stuff is right around the corner.

As for reviews, I just started doing them on youtube and hope to do one a week until Halloween.

The first was Kringle Witches Cauldron which is freaking amazing and thus far my fav Halloween candle. ---> https://youtu.be/d-xXYBm5Ebg

The other I just posted today was for BBW Cider Lane, my favorite fall caramel scent. Super authentic! --->https://youtu.be/UXO82xkpXeE

I am really hoping that Kringle decides to do Halloween again this year, and if they do I'd imagine the announcement will probably be pretty soon.

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doug, thanks so much for sharing those awesome reviews! I burned BBW Cider Lane last year and loved it. I'm bummed that Kringle doesn't make the Witches Cauldron anymore, but I'd love to get my hands on one of those. When I started out burning candles years ago, I only liked the sweet/food scented candles (still do) but as I've gotten more into the habit of burning candles-almost year round- I've started to like more of the fresh scents too. Love the BBW Marshmallow Fireside and Yankee's Autumn Leaves and Pumpkin Wreath. I have such buyer's remorse for not buying their Halloween candle "Black Magic" last year. It sold out before I could go back to get it. Witches Cauldron sounds like it's a little like that, so I'll have to keep my eyes open for one. Love how you called it, "Halloween in a jar." Sounds like my kind of candle! :D I'm excited to see what Halloween goodies all the companies will bring out this year. Anyone got a favorite?

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,673 Posts
I stopped by my BBW semi annual sale but, sadly, there was nothing Fall. Either my store had none left over or it was all sold before I could get up there. I normally try to get there the first day, but due to health stuff, I couldn't. My store is small, anyway, and doesn't have many candles as the larger stores or the ones with a White Barn. I wish I could have gotten out to the bigger stores out of town, as that's where I usually get my clearance Fall hauls. We don't have a Yankee, either, so I'm missing out on that, too. Ug.

However, a little earlier this year I did get out of town and the store up there had a small amount of clearance wax melts. I found three Fall ones...only two pictured, though, because I used the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles one recently, already, lol. (I normally am a stickler for using my scents in the season they belong in...but we had a cold snap and I was feeling Fallish!) I love these two scents! I wish they had had my Marshmallow Fireside or Pumpkin Apple, too...another two of my faves! I'm sure those will be back, though, this year.

20170611_105830 (450x287).jpg

·
Registered
246 Posts
Black Magic is pretty cool but I do find it to be quite a bit different than Witches Cauldron. Black Magic is tobacco-y with vanilla and leather (GREAT Halloween candle) while Witches Cauldron is freshly burnt firewood with earthy citrus and slight incense. Again, I cannot stress enough how much I like Witches Cauldron. It's amazingly authentic to a scary night in the woods near a cabin burning a fire.

I definitely love me some Marshmallow Fireside. That and Apple Pumpkin are my two favorite fall scents from BBW. Very interested to try the new Yankee one though. It's called Haunted Hallow or something very similar. Forbidden Apple and Witches Brew are also back for sure, not positive on what else will be released at the party though. I'm sure they'll have a couple surprises in store.

I'm looking forward to trying a McCall's Trick-or-Treat this year!

·
Registered
497 Posts
It's chilly here today in So Cal (typical June gloom weather - LOVE it) and I found myself pining for Fall and Halloween to hurry up and get here. I was inspired to look into a way to create a YC Witches Brew diffuser refill dupe (I have the old graveyard diffuser set up but no more oil to put in it) and stumbled across an article online saying that YC Black Sands Beach was basically Witches Brew relabeled. So, I went online and bought a dozen of the little fragrance oils 1/2 price @ $3 each and 2 refill disks for my Charming Scents hanger for my car also 1/2 off @ $3 each. Crossing my fingers they are the same/similar scent. To me Witches Brew IS the scent of Halloween. I just recently cleaned out my candle closet and organized everything into plastic boxes by season. I have over 8 Witches Brew candles + tealights and some wax melts. I am SO paranoid they will stop making it that I have been hoarding them when they show up at Homegoods every year. I will be crest fallen if I ever run out and can't replace it. I will admit to ocassionally lifting the lid off the box I have them in just to inhale that Halloween aroma! Makes me SO happy! LOL

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Yankee had A TON of witches brew & candy corn on 75% off clearance. Car fresheners, candles, wax melts. A few other Halloween candle holders/plates/boneys. The associate told me she wasn't sure WB was coming back, but I saw it in a photo Boney Bunch Love posted on Facebook.. anyone have any inside info on that? I'll die without it!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
OMG, I told myself no more Witches Brew candles this year until I pare down what I have already. Now that there may be a rumor they are discontinuing them I will feel the need to horde more! My husband is going to kill me! LOL I wish I lived anywhere near a YC but the closest one in L.A. is over 1/2 hour away.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's chilly here today in So Cal (typical June gloom weather - LOVE it) and I found myself pining for Fall and Halloween to hurry up and get here. I was inspired to look into a way to create a YC Witches Brew diffuser refill dupe (I have the old graveyard diffuser set up but no more oil to put in it) and stumbled across an article online saying that YC Black Sands Beach was basically Witches Brew relabeled. So, I went online and bought a dozen of the little fragrance oils 1/2 price @ $3 each and 2 refill disks for my Charming Scents hanger for my car also 1/2 off @ $3 each. Crossing my fingers they are the same/similar scent. To me Witches Brew IS the scent of Halloween. I just recently cleaned out my candle closet and organized everything into plastic boxes by season. I have over 8 Witches Brew candles + tealights and some wax melts. I am SO paranoid they will stop making it that I have been hoarding them when they show up at Homegoods every year. I will be crest fallen if I ever run out and can't replace it. I will admit to ocassionally lifting the lid off the box I have them in just to inhale that Halloween aroma! Makes me SO happy! LOL
Black Sand Beach is similar to Witches Brew in that it has Patchouli in it but it is definitely not the same thing as it has floral/summer where Witches Brew is most definitely Halloween. I do enjoy BSB, but it's a much different type of Patchouli. You will probably like it!

Totally agree though, WB is just one of those scents that is totally Halloween. The first time I smelled it, I was reminded of going to the local haunted house attraction. It has that dirt/smoke/incense down pat that I always get when attending the local haunt. I love it!

Don't worry PunkinGal, Witches Brew is definitely coming back. It's their flagship Halloween fragrance! Here is the collection preview which shows off the new looks for WB, Forbidden Apple and the new one which is Haunted Hallow (or something).
18011161_1326515017426907_3695045316358818420_n.jpg

I don't have a tart burner and therefore do not burn tarts, but you bet your *** I'll pick up that sweet looking black pumpkin one! I'm a big fan on the new jar look as well.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Haha! Thanks for putting my mind at ease (at least a bit anyway) on the Witches Brew. I will probably still go into full horde mode. :eek: If the new design is the pillar candle looking jars on the right side I really like them, too! I am really interested to see what Black Sands Beach does smell like and I hope you're right that I'll like it. I will soon own 12 bottles of the oil!

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh wow, Doug, thanks for sharing the pic of the upcoming Halloween goodies for Yankee! I love those orange and black votive holders on the top shelf. I like those tall tumber jars too. I'm eager to learn what Haunted Hollow smells like. I know I like Forbidden Apple, so I'm glad to see that make a comeback. My store had small tumblers of the new Fall line up when I went in for their SAS sale. The new Fall scents were HoneyCrisp Apple Cider, Sugared Pumpkin Swirl, Sweet Fig & Pomegranate, Warm Luxe Cashmere, & Sunset Fields. I already know I'll be buying the Honecrisp Apple Cider, that smelled divine. If you go to YC's site and type in Fall Fragrance Preview you'll see them all. Can't wait to see what they come up with for Halloween.

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,673 Posts
Oh wow, Doug, thanks for sharing the pic of the upcoming Halloween goodies for Yankee! I love those orange and black votive holders on the top shelf. I like those tall tumber jars too. I'm eager to learn what Haunted Hollow smells like. I know I like Forbidden Apple, so I'm glad to see that make a comeback. My store had small tumblers of the new Fall line up when I went in for their SAS sale. The new Fall scents were HoneyCrisp Apple Cider, Sugared Pumpkin Swirl, Sweet Fig & Pomegranate, Warm Luxe Cashmere, & Sunset Fields. I already know I'll be buying the Honecrisp Apple Cider, that smelled divine. If you go to YC's site and type in Fall Fragrance Preview you'll see them all. Can't wait to see what they come up with for Halloween.
Honeycrisp Apple Cider and Sugared Pumpkin Swirl sound amazing...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I really enjoy Partylite's Hocus Pocus candles, and I hope they bring them out again this year. I do miss their Halloween Night candles, though. I hope YC is still going to have their Candy Corn scent! My favorite fall scents from YC are Autumn Wreath, Spiced Pumpkin, and Apple Cider. To me those three are each just the perfect mix of the season.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes, I checked out the fall preview candles and Honeycrisp Apple Cider and Sugared Pumpkin Swirl both smell very good. I'll be picking those up for sure. There is also one more fall scent coming out but Yankee hasn't put a preview out to any stores yet making some think it will be online only this year - Dazzling Red Maple. As soon as the Semi Annual Sale is over they should all be out as the company shifts to the fall stuff.

Also, here are the other preview pics that were found online and posted by boney bunch love. You can see that in addition to the pillar candles, they will also be available in these jars-
17991111_1326515037426905_2194907177238911257_n.jpg
18033537_1326515060760236_8278817968446436291_n.jpg

I love the jars! They look really good. If this is just a small sampling of what they are going to offer this year then it should be awesome.

Since this is the non-boney thread I figure I should also throw some love to Yankee's Foggy Nights tealight holder. Freaking AMAZING Halloween accessory!

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I love those jars too! Forbidden apple will definitely be coming home with me in one of those Halloween silhouette jars. Looks like that black jack o' lantern is going to be a tart warmer. I like the Witch's Brew jar too but I have yet to make friends with that fragrance. Earlier on, I was so into the sweet/food scents that I wouldn't even consider it, but I've been branching out slowly. I guess I should try it before I say no completely, maybe a votive or tart, cause you just never know how something is going to strike you after it's melted. That's happened to me with several candles that I didn't like on cold, but loved when they burned. :) By the way, I'm sharing the love on the Foggy Nights tealight holder. I got mine in 2015. Definitely one of my favorite Halloween accessories. :D

·
Moonlighter
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh and I forgot to post the pic of the meltcups I wanted to show you guys. I got one at the SAS and one I had from a previous buy. Didn't realize they were different until I put my stuff away. They definitely smell different from each other on cold. I didn't know there were two different varities. And the spice cupboard I don't recall seeing anywhere before. I remember there was a Kitchen Spice a year or so ago, but not this one. This came from the store at SAS too (smells yummy.) :)
YC wreath melt cups.jpg YC meltcup.jpg

1 - 20 of 249 Posts