Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's August, which means fall foods are coming to stores. This is a thread, where you can post anything , food or drink related, that you've seen in stores. For example; the Kroger stores in Huntsville, AL , now have Reese's Pumpkins, and Cadbury Scream Eggs.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
In addition to the variety of Pumpkin Ales and Octoberfests hitting, I have also seen various candy, such as "peeps" pumpkins, candy corn, and also the Toaster Strudel Pumpkins flavor.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have been seeing Thomas' English Muffins in an apple pie flavor. I know it's not pumpkin but apple flavor remind me of apple cider...yummm. It's an early Fall/Autumn flavor to me.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
I posted in the general findings thread a couple days ago, but Little Debbie has their Fall cakes and Pumpkin Delights out. International Delights Pumpkin Spice creamer is also starting to pop up.

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
I posted in the general findings thread a couple days ago, but Little Debbie has their Fall cakes and Pumpkin Delights out. International Delights Pumpkin Spice creamer is also starting to pop up.
I haven't seen any foods out yet. Our stores are still carrying the Little Debbie beach-themed snacks (which are also awesome - seashell brownies, heck yeah!).

But we stopped by World Market last night and saw that they have several different pumpkin ales available already, and we also found a display of Ace Pumpkin Hard Cider. (Is that like an alcoholic version of the Harry Potter pumpkin juice?? ;) ) We were intrigued, so we had to grab a bottle. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I know Starbucks is releasing the Pumpkin Spice drinks on Monday, but I likely won't buy any until we're well into September. I'm just not ready for it yet. However, that said, I'm just waiting for it to get a tad cooler and I'll start getting their Chai lattes again. (I know that's available year-round, but to me that's a Fall drink.)

I'm excited to see stuff slowly starting to come out again for Fall, but I'm not quite ready for it yet. This summer has been GLORIOUS, particularly for southeastern Virginia, and this is the first time in my life I've actually enjoyed the season. I'm finding that I'm not really ready for it to end yet... Just a few more beach days, please? Never in my life have I experienced such a Virginia summer - even my parents can't remember a summer so mild. I'm trying to enjoy every bit of it before the HEAT AND HUMIDITY OF HELL (yes, all caps for that) comes back next year, with a vengeance... Because you know it will!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Just candy corn so far at Walgreen's. I can't wait until the local store bakeries start whipping up pumpkin and spicy goodies - I love to go the store first thing in the morning because that's when you can smell stuff baking. :)
Actually the bakeries at Giant Eagle have started their pumpkin rolls, pumpkin drop cookies, and pumpkin shaped sugar cookies. With sprinkles. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Has anyone seen the Reeses pumpkins anywhere yet? My husband and I are having withdrawls having eaten the last of our Easter Reeses eggs a few months ago...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Stormygirl - we had a mild summer about 4 summers ago, at least here in Central Virginia. It stayed in the 80s with only a handful of 90s. There weren't any 70s like we've been having this year, though. This year we did have a couple upper 90s with disgusting humidity, but not like normal. It certainly has been a wonderful summer!

Dollar General has a lot of Halloween candy out. I've already gotten a couple of bags. :)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've noticed that school supplies are on clearance , harvest decor is out, and, next weekend is a Labor Day weekend. Some haunts are opening in early September. Halloween is looming .

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Stormygirl - we had a mild summer about 4 summers ago, at least here in Central Virginia. It stayed in the 80s with only a handful of 90s. There weren't any 70s like we've been having this year, though. This year we did have a couple upper 90s with disgusting humidity, but not like normal. It certainly has been a wonderful summer!
Here on the peninsulas it's usually pretty miserable in the summertime. Sticky, wet humidity and 95-100 degrees are the norm. Like I said, even my parents can't remember the last time we had a majority of 70-80 degree days in summer. I feel like I'm being blasphemous for saying it, but I'm not ready for it to end yet!

I just hope the mild summer means we might actually get a decent fall this year. Usually out here on the coast we get about two weeks of beautiful, crisp fall weather, usually toward the end of October/beginning of November, and then it gets cold. I don't know if it's like that out there in central Virginia, though.

Back to the topic of Halloween food sightings, I did see today at work that Walmart has several displays of Brach's candy corn and Autumn Mix out in front of the registers...

Right beside the sunscreen. :rolleyes:

·
Halloween Nut
2,941 Posts
Hubby brought home a bag of fall mix the other day from our local grocery store. I'm hoping to see the pumpkin spice lattes out soon.

Stormygirl, I grew up about 40 minutes from you in the Western Branch area of Chesapeake. I know about those summers you described, and I don't miss them. Yuck. I grew up without air conditioning and towels that don't dry. I worked at a Zales in VA Beach, which required the women wear dresses. In the summer, we would all wear knee highs because we couldn't stand to put on panty hose. Oh those were the days. I'm glad I live in an area with much lower humidity.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts