Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make large pieces of fake skin to hang on walls. Can't use the fake makeup skin as whatever I make will be outside and needs to be fairly weather proof. Any ideas on this?

·
Registered
296 Posts
You can use liquid latex. I like the Castin’ Craft stuff you can get at Michaels or Joann’s. You could “paint” it onto a piece of wax paper or foil and keep adding coats until is thick enough for what you want. You would probably need at least 3 coats.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You can use liquid latex. I like the Castin’ Craft stuff you can get at Michaels or Joann’s. You could “paint” it onto a piece of wax paper or foil and keep adding coats until is thick enough for what you want. You would probably need at least 3 coats.
Agreed - although I'd also suggest using strips of cotton with the liquid latex to build sinew texture. I use this method to build costume masks on a cast mold of my face.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I want to make large pieces of fake skin to hang on walls. Can't use the fake makeup skin as whatever I make will be outside and needs to be fairly weather proof. Any ideas on this?
I bought cheap blow up plastic balls....popped them and painted..glued some dryer lint on and there you go..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts