Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a fake security camera for effects for your haunt?

I bought 2 of these talking cameras from Things You Never Knew Existed a few years back and thought I posted a thread on it with video but can't locate it.

Anyway, while looking over Collections Etc website today I found what I believe is the same fake camera at about $5 less (only 7.99 and with shipping of 3.99 per order, no minimum $ amount, using promo code SHIP111). I think the colors of the camera and connecting wire are just different but otherwise operates the same. One of the reviewers on the Collections Etc site mentions "sound" in her post title (although sound is not mentioned on the web page description), which leads me to wonder if the two camera are probably one and the same. Otherwise might explain why the Collections Etc one is priced less. Based on some of the reviews, I suspect some people don't understand the motion sensoring requires a light beam to be broken and/or didn't set the camera up for Motion. Hard to say though.

Anyway here's a you tube video of my TYNKE camera so you can see how it works. You do need some lighting in the area so it will detect movement. I bought mine to be used in a military base UFO zombie virus research facility where I thought adding "security" would enhance the ToTer experience. I think it makes a great halloween prop with just batteries and mounting needed. If you do order from CE, don't forget to apply the ship code (not sure how long the offer will be valid).

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's interesting pricing Dave. Thanks for the info. I see that you need to order 3 or more though (need to meet $10 min. order first or they won't process order); which still would be less expensive than 2 at CE so really not a big issue and essentially one extra for similar pricing! I'm assuming but would want to verify before ordering that the batteries it uses are actually 3 AAs not 3 AAAs, think it's a typo from everything else I could find on the internet. However, when I tried to compare total end-cost-to-my-door with CE's pricing and shipping structure, their shipping calculator says it doesn't work so you need to email them a request for the amount. ugggh. Their sale pricing of 4.50 is only good thru tomorrow, 5/31. I know EG has lots of other fun stuff for the DYIer so meeting the $10 order might not be a problem for some. Not sure how you are suppose to order online if you don't know what shipping is going to be though.

I like my talking camera but having multiple talking cameras all trigging for my base setup would surely drive everyone crazy. I think I'll look into getting one or two of this silent model for the look of "high security" at my base's laboratory though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts