Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i try this design. YouTube - Corpse hand tutorial and i used regular cheap glue. which didnt stick to any thing. not even to the duck tape. i riped off all the cottor balls now i have this frame. anyone have any ides? help would be AWESOME!!!

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of glue were you using? I always user Elmer's liquid glue and it works fine for projects like this.
i used this cheap doller tree glue roseart
you can also use carpet latex adhesive from any hardware store. It takes longer to dry so put it out in the sun when you are done.
i thought the stuff u get is from a craftstore?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Take a look at this tutorial Spooky Blue - The Grumble Scarecrow - Terror on a stick he uses carpet laytex. Now if you want to use glue elmers you can use it like this mix half and half with water. I use scotts shop papper towels the blue ones for skinning. now these are not flexible once dry but look amazing here is some examples.

·
Open up and say "Aaaaahh"
1,562 Posts
I am starting this very same project and latex really is the only way.
Celuclay (pulp mache) from Michaels then skinned in paperclay or snotrag mache works just as well, it's just not flexible. Celuclay sticks to anything and it's much cheaper than latex.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I use latex and it turns a nasty rotten skin color the longer its exposed to air :)

MsM

·
Registered
576 Posts
Here's the two hands I made for my zombie. The one on the left is glued together, the one on the right is connected with wire nails (experimenting both ways - gluing was faster and easier). I outlined my hand on a piece of paper, and cut the glue sticks to match the joints. Covered it with cotton balls dipped in a glue/water mix. Dried for a day then painted.

Finished hands:

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i found out something really cool. i hot glued the cotton balls then covered it in regalar latex paint it worked great!

-BYH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts