Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,956 Posts
Are you near any farmland? I'd probably drive out in the country and stop at a farmer's house, knock and the door and see if they would let you have or buy some.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bamboo is a good idea and your local store sells corn husk (to make tamales) stuff a few with " well...most anything" then wrap cheap masking tape around them and to connect them to the bamboo (or sticks). By Oct. 31 corn isn't very green anymore.

·
The guru is IN
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bamboo is a good idea and your local store sells corn husk (to make tamales) stuff a few with " well...most anything" then wrap cheap masking tape around them and to connect them to the bamboo (or sticks). By Oct. 31 corn isn't very green anymore.
That could work, but i feel like that wouldn't last long

·
Registered
286 Posts
Real ones would be cheaper & easier to acquire & you'd be surprised at how well they do hold up.
This.
I just haven't seen a solution that is cheaper or less time intensive than just buying stalks. Check out local pumpkin patches and corn mazes - if you buy in bulk, you should be able to the price to pretty low per stalk.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
This.
I just haven't seen a solution that is cheaper or less time intensive than just buying stalks. Check out local pumpkin patches and corn mazes - if you buy in bulk, you should be able to the price to pretty low per stalk.
I'm with you on that , Lowes carried some a few years back but they sell out right away, last year I bought some from a guy selling them by the roadside, he had plenty and told me to come back the next day and he would get more, I followed up and sure enough he was there but yeah they hold up pretty good and they are cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts