Halloween Forum banner

fake corn stalks?

11289 12
Does anyone know how to make cheap, realistic, fake corn stalks? Please don't post links to StiltBeastStudios video on it, im not doing that.
Thanks View attachment 256054
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Scariest guy on the block
1,967 Posts
Are you near any farmland? I'd probably drive out in the country and stop at a farmer's house, knock and the door and see if they would let you have or buy some.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bamboo is a good idea and your local store sells corn husk (to make tamales) stuff a few with " well...most anything" then wrap cheap masking tape around them and to connect them to the bamboo (or sticks). By Oct. 31 corn isn't very green anymore.

·
The guru is IN
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bamboo is a good idea and your local store sells corn husk (to make tamales) stuff a few with " well...most anything" then wrap cheap masking tape around them and to connect them to the bamboo (or sticks). By Oct. 31 corn isn't very green anymore.
That could work, but i feel like that wouldn't last long

·
Registered
310 Posts
Real ones would be cheaper & easier to acquire & you'd be surprised at how well they do hold up.
This.
I just haven't seen a solution that is cheaper or less time intensive than just buying stalks. Check out local pumpkin patches and corn mazes - if you buy in bulk, you should be able to the price to pretty low per stalk.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,900 Posts
This.
I just haven't seen a solution that is cheaper or less time intensive than just buying stalks. Check out local pumpkin patches and corn mazes - if you buy in bulk, you should be able to the price to pretty low per stalk.
I'm with you on that , Lowes carried some a few years back but they sell out right away, last year I bought some from a guy selling them by the roadside, he had plenty and told me to come back the next day and he would get more, I followed up and sure enough he was there but yeah they hold up pretty good and they are cheap.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.