Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, can someone please give me a great idea about how to make fake balloons? I need them for my outdoor Creepy Carnival theme. I can't do Paper Mache' because they're going outdoors, unless there is a really cool way to make them with real balloons on the outside. Any ideas??

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi just wondered why you wanted to make fake ones if they are going outside? I just used real ones and put some of those plastic spiders inside, then added a balloon light in them that made them glow so the spider looked like it was crawling inside and looked bigger than it was, I decorated with some cobwebs. What type of effect are you wanting if you made them?:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi just wondered why you wanted to make fake ones if they are going outside? I just used real ones and put some of those plastic spiders inside, then added a balloon light in them that made them glow so the spider looked like it was crawling inside and looked bigger than it was, I decorated with some cobwebs. What type of effect are you wanting if you made them?:)

Well I wanted a fake one because real Balloons wont last a month. I usually put my Halloween decorations up the first week/or weekend in October.

·
Registered
355 Posts
What I would do is get a few of those one foot diameter inflated balls they have in those big bins at Walmart. I thik they're only a couple of bucks each. They come in different sizes, but I think the soccer ball size ones would work for balloons. Then epoxy a heavy gauge wire to the bottoms to simulate the strings. You could spray paint the balls any colors you wanted. That would be the cheapest, and easiest way to go about it. Kind of makes me wish I had a reason to make a bunch of them.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Oh I see, I forget that as I live in the UK I am lucky if I can get stuff even outside on Halloween itself for a couple of hours, as usually the weather is too bad. Last year it was mega windy and pouring down all night so everything had to be used indoors:) In our local Asda store (Walmart to you guys) they are selling off the summers stuff and they have these inflatable beach balls, they are all different colours and styles and I thought you may be able to use some of the these as balloons

beachballs.jpg

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you have a Hobby Lobby near you they have fake plastic ones. They are hard blow molded plastic and have them in most all colors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts