Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am planning on trying my hand for the first time at some mold making and possible sculpting. I came across this product called "Mold Builder Liquid Latex Rubber" after reading some posts on here. This particular website is offering the following sizes for the following prices:

16 oz: $9.69

32 oz: $16.20

1 gal: $53.64

I dont know if this is standard prices you can get all the time, or if this is some sort of sale. If this is a good price let me know. Here is the link:

Link to Mold builder Liquid Latex Rubber

·
Registered
725 Posts
You can get the 16oz stuff at Michaels for the regular price listed on that site. So it really comes down to the question on how much shipping will cost or if you have a Michaels near you. I bought some mold builder to play around with a bit. I took a brush and painted it on over a skull. I added about 6 coats of it over a week using about 1/3 of the container. I peeled it of and had a descent replica of the skull. Beyond that I havnt done much with working with latex.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot for the links... i was looking at that smooth on site... and dragon skin.. kinda pricey though. gotta do my homework before breaking out the ol wallet :)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Many different Latex's

They formulate them to do different things.
The foreign latex will have no ammonia in it, it is there to kill germs.
25 years of sniffing ammonia is not healthy.
Last I knew a 55 gallon drum, delivered was $600.oo
Prices go up and down but I got three empty barrels from my mask making neighbor .
I'll eventually use them for something....

·
Registered
725 Posts
"PLEASE NOTE: Freezing will ruin the liquid latex and so we can not ship this product when the temperature outside is below 33°f."

Now thats just frustrating! Good deal though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts