·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just another bump here for Halloween Books by Paul Melniczek, my Facebook page which focuses on my Halloween writing. I post news and updates on books and writing projects, appearances, and also throw in vintage Halloween pictures and spooky songs. Thanks for the support!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'll add your page! :)

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
Okay, that does it. When I get a little extra cash I'm going to have to buy one or two of your books, because I'm thoroughly intrigued now. :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Stormy. To give you some idea of my writing style, it's very traditional. More quiet horror than blood and gore. Some of my work is YA friendly as well. One of the best plugs I can say is that the former producer of the Simpsons, 3 time Emmy Award Winner Rick Polizzi, owner of Boney Island, actually displayed my books at his haunt last year and is a fan of my writing. ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'll check your page out in a second. I've always considered writing, I enjoy it. And with how vivid and messed up my dreams are, I could see myself writing horror as well, haha!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for checking. I've written stories based on nightmares. Fortunately, I'm what's called a high-memory dreamer, which means I recall a number of them every week. I also have Lucid dreams at times.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Would a high memory dreamer recall vivid dreams from years ago? I can, vivid enough it seems like last night. Earliest dream I can remember was from age 4.

I have, well I think I have hypnogognic hallucinations. I've had them since a child. First one I remember is thinking I was awake and seeing my room in real time, but a shadow taller than my door frame stood there. I always assumed my house was haunted...but I go for periods without them to having it happen again. I've seen people in my room. It's scary :( sometimes I can tell myself I'm sleeping, others I wake up the whole house.

While staying at Trump Towers in NYC as,a teen, I told my brother about a dead window washer man. To get the feel, these hotel rooms were nothing but wall to wall windows overlooking central park. It backfired, because I woke up seeing a man outside the window (we were several stories up) and I started screaming, my parents finally stopped me as I was trying to open the door to leave the room. Not cool:(

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some crazy stories there.

I read a lot about dreams and lucid dreaming. Powerful dreams can stay with you long-term. I vividly remember a number of them, some from many years ago. One was so real and in the dream I was slowly riding a skateboard through my hometown. I also dream in color, and this one was very real. Nothing exceptional about the dream except I was lucid while in the middle of it, and remembered it clearly when awakening. Most people forget all their dreams immediately upon waking, and one way to recall and eventually have lucid dreams is to write down what happened. You will forget almost everything within seconds. There are also exercises which can help you have lucid dreams, like meditation techniques. Others focus on binaural beats. Check out this video to see what I mean. It's actually very creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra1iWqQBcp4

1 - 14 of 14 Posts