Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the forum before as Scavenger Eye Studios. I always logged in with Facebook connect. One day it just said "facebook re-directed too many times". I deleted my cookies, and browser history. I was using Google Chrome. Tried different browsers: Safari, and Firefox - same error. I tried manually logging in but I either recorded my info down wrong, as it never worked, or the forum just couldn't locate the profile. When I tried the re-set password feature the re-set option never came to any of my emails. I created a new account. While picking a new name, I entered my old one, and it said it was valid to use in the form. However when I chose a different identity, and was finally able to log in again, I see my old profile and activities are all still here. Not sure what happened. Was frustrating as all heck. LOL!

·
Registered
296 Posts
A lot of people had this issue more recently, I believe there were some posts about it, and one in particular discussed how it was linked to your actual FB page...so if you go to your profile, settings, apps, & look at the apps that are "logged in with facebook", see if the halloween forum is listed as an app...then delete it if it is. There is some issue redirecting from that...once you delete it, you should be able to log in with your original user name...I'm pretty sure that is what worked for most everyone having problems....maybe someone can link the post with the better description???

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
There appears to be a glitch with the Facebook plugin that messes with logins here. There is further information here:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/off-topic-stuff/148165-technical-issues-halloweenforum-com.html

As far as being locked out of your account (Scavenger Eye Studios) if you are not getting the reset password email for your original account (checked the spam folders? PM me if you can't remember the email you signed up with for that account because it is different than your Mr. Halloweeja email), then you will definitely need to contact the site's admin, but if you are getting the email but running into issues with the reset, try the following (thanks goes to UnOrthodOx if this works):

Step 1: Email gives you a link
Step 2: Link goes to a page that sends a SECOND email. There's a link on the PAGE to go to the next step (last sentence is to the effect "fill out the form here" Click on the here), DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE SECOND EMAIL.
Step 3: Copy/paste new password from SECOND email into the form on the page. IT WILL FAIL. (The human verification did not load for me the first time, tried twice to confirm)
Step 4: On the screen following the first fail, paste the new password AGAIN, and answer the captcha image/human verification.
Step 5: This should log you on to the password reset page. Change your password here.

IF THE CAPTCHA WON'T LOAD - try another browser.

In the event that none of this works, definitely contact the site's admin here (if this thread doesn't get a response from them in another day or two).

The site has recently changed ownership and the new owner (Vertical Scope) is working on improving and fixing the glitches like this. Do let them know via the HalloweenAdmin link if this information doesn't fix your issue!

·
Administrator
667 Posts
I was on the forum before as Scavenger Eye Studios. I always logged in with Facebook connect. One day it just said "facebook re-directed too many times". I deleted my cookies, and browser history. I was using Google Chrome. Tried different browsers: Safari, and Firefox - same error. I tried manually logging in but I either recorded my info down wrong, as it never worked, or the forum just couldn't locate the profile. When I tried the re-set password feature the re-set option never came to any of my emails. I created a new account. While picking a new name, I entered my old one, and it said it was valid to use in the form. However when I chose a different identity, and was finally able to log in again, I see my old profile and activities are all still here. Not sure what happened. Was frustrating as all heck. LOL!
Hey there

Have the above suggestions been of any help to you?

Dayle

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
There may be an issue with Facebook's Authorization, this has happened before, how long ago did you notice this?

Kyle
If you check out the link I posted above (here it is again) the issues have been going on at least since July/August. It is an issue with Facebook's log-in as far as UnorthodOx could tell (he is the moderator that figured out the workaround I posted above too). :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone. I have been on here for a few years now, but because of recent issues with my computer and FB and this site, I had to sign up as a new member and start over...hoping I can see what is happening to this site and why I cant log on (it kept saying that there was an error and that I should do something with cookies or whatnot. So then, I got on here through my phone, and read this post to delete the FB app. Well...I did...and now it keeps redirecting me back to the FB app...no matter if I cleared the cookies, the history...everything! I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall and am in groundhog day...I finally went into Microsoft edge and got on here with a whole new membership/screen name. I usually use fire fox or IE...both of which keep sending me to FB app He** or saying the cookies or settings must me off. I cant figure out how to get into this site with my original screen name. If anyone...anyone at all has a solution...PLEASE help a fellow Halloween Forum Junkie out and tell me. I miss this site and everything it has to offer.

Oh and one more thing...
I noticed that during the initial signing up for this site (again)...that it asked me a weird question...who is my insurance carrier? WTH?
AND...when I went to make a post, in the title, as I hovered over it with my mouse, it said "travel information".
Did this site get hacked or something? I used to get on here everyday...and now..nope.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This isn't working for me...at all. HEEEELLLLP!!! I had to make up a whole new "me" because it wouldn't let me access and give me a new password! I miss this site as the old member that I am...ugh!

·
Administrator
667 Posts
If you check out the link I posted above (here it is again) the issues have been going on at least since July/August. It is an issue with Facebook's log-in as far as UnorthodOx could tell (he is the moderator that figured out the workaround I posted above too). :)
I get what you're saying I didn't make it clear, we had an issue some time ago with a vb 4 site and facebook's Auth. protocols, the softwares don't want to connect. We ended up having to disable FB Connect and manually issue passwords for users, thoughts?

Kyle

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
Yikes. I have no idea. Sounds like an awful mess. Is Facebook aware they're causing issues with other sites' logins? :(

I would hope that anyone that is still having issues, can locate this thread and maybe have a notice on HF's Facebook page about how there are issues and to contact you directly if they can't log in?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was finally able to go into Facebook> Settings> Apps and locate the Halloween Forum App and deleted it today, having gotten to civilization where there's free wifi. I couldn't find it on my smart phone earlier this week. Looks like the solution to the issue. :) I hope other forum members with the same issue can find this post, and return to us too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I noticed this the day after I posted last as Scavenger Eye Studios. So whatever the last login date is. It's late in my part of the world, and my brain isn't working. Trying to be helpful ASAP as I am not sure when I'll be back to a WiFi world and my data limit is reaching its max. LOL! If I could find that profile via search results I'd tell you right here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There appears to be a glitch with the Facebook plugin that messes with logins here. There is further information here:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/off-topic-stuff/148165-technical-issues-halloweenforum-com.html

As far as being locked out of your account (Scavenger Eye Studios) if you are not getting the reset password email for your original account (checked the spam folders? PM me if you can't remember the email you signed up with for that account because it is different than your Mr. Halloweeja email), then you will definitely need to contact the site's admin, but if you are getting the email but running into issues with the reset, try the following (thanks goes to UnOrthodOx if this works):

Step 1: Email gives you a link
Step 2: Link goes to a page that sends a SECOND email. There's a link on the PAGE to go to the next step (last sentence is to the effect "fill out the form here" Click on the here), DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK IN THE SECOND EMAIL.
Step 3: Copy/paste new password from SECOND email into the form on the page. IT WILL FAIL. (The human verification did not load for me the first time, tried twice to confirm)
Step 4: On the screen following the first fail, paste the new password AGAIN, and answer the captcha image/human verification.
Step 5: This should log you on to the password reset page. Change your password here.

IF THE CAPTCHA WON'T LOAD - try another browser.

In the event that none of this works, definitely contact the site's admin here (if this thread doesn't get a response from them in another day or two).

The site has recently changed ownership and the new owner (Vertical Scope) is working on improving and fixing the glitches like this. Do let them know via the HalloweenAdmin link if this information doesn't fix your issue!
I deleted Halloween Forum's Facebook App before trying the yellow font instructions. I used a computer (not a smartphone) and found the Settings tab in Facebook, then an Apps tab. In there I deleted this forum's app. When I tried the re-set password feature (my old account was a different email), it worked this time.

Please inform me how to delete my old account, Scavenger Eye Studios. Being a relatively new forum member I wish to continue on as my new identity. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My thoughts are that the site admin should email everyone and let them know the issue. I imagine there are a lot of people on here that have no idea how to get logged in to even find these instructions. With Chrome on Mac I can't get in completely. I get to the login page, login with user/pass, then it does the FB looping and gives up. I then deleted Halloweenforum.com from the Apps in Facebook but now I get a loop asking me to continue or cancel. If you cancel it loops back to the same. If you continue it gives up and complains about the cookies again. I doubt most people will go through this much trouble to get in. I am logged in using Safari where it seemingly doesn't have the same issue.

How do I get logged in with Chrome? I hate Safari! I am thinking there may be some disconnect Facebook in my HF settings somewhere so I will be trying that next.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have to log in through an old copy of IE11 with a name that's completely not tied to Facebook. It's the ONLY way I can access this site.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have to log in through an old copy of IE11 with a name that's completely not tied to Facebook. It's the ONLY way I can access this site.
What I find interesting is when I look at connects in my profile it says I can click Facebook connect. If my account was connected to Facebook I would assume it would say that. I am wondering if it is prompting everyone to login via Facebook. It doesn't matter if it is facebook's issue or HF. I think FB should be disabled from this site until it is worked out. Especially this close to Halloween!

·
Registered
56 Posts
New update on this. I used to be able to at least surf the site without logging in on Firefox. Now it will not do it, it starts giving me the redirect problem. The ONLY fix right now, at least for me, is IE11 and a name not tied to Facebook.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts