Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, "you learn by your mistakes", so they say......
I found this great site via facebook and ordered some amazing props at a "reduced" price. Everything looked legit on their web page so committed myself to paying (via credit card).
The company supplied tracking details, which i eagerly followed on a daily basis. A week later and 2 out of the 3 packages arrived, the next day the third arrived. So off i go to our local collection office, full of excitement for our new "attractions".
Photo's below show what i ORDERED and what i actually GOT.
Credit card company has been informed.
edit....I'M ACTUALLY FINDING THIS FUNNY NOW, AS IT TURNS OUT IT WAS THE WIFES CARD WE USED and not MINE !!!
Plant Art Trunk Tree Terrestrial plant
Sleeve Gesture Headgear Hat Art
Sleeve Abaya Magenta Fashion design Art
Sleeve Natural material Art Skull Fur
Fur clothing Sleeve Dress Waist Toy
Toy Visual arts Art Electric blue Fictional character

·
Registered
870 Posts
Practically every ad on Facebook is fake and leads you to some overseas scammer. The same thing happened last year, and I am sure the year before. Never buy anything from a Facebook ad because Facebook will instantly delete your account for wrongthink, but has no problem with scammers buying ads because it's money in their pockets.

·
Registered
616 Posts
If it seems too good to be true, it almost always is.
This right here. A buddy of mine has had this happen to him TWICE buying Halloween decor from shady overseas websites. Unfortunately, he paid with Paypal and they only ended up refunding half his money. I think he's learned his lesson, finally (hopefully).

·
Registered
146 Posts
I learned through a comment on an ad that most Facebook ads are fraudulent. I wish there was an alternative to Facebook, I use it to stay in touch with friend's and family since I moved two thousand miles away from where I grew up.

I ordered a 10x20 tent from Amazon to put Halloween props in on Halloween night. I pitched the tent two days later. The frame was heavy and strong but the fabric they used wasn't tent quality. I could see pin holes in the seams of the canopy, one of the velcro straps started ripping away from the side wall and there was a 1.5 inch rip in the canopy seam from putting the tent up. I was so bummed because the tent weighed as much as I do. We took it down and boxed it up and I contacted the seller via Amazon and marked it defective. They refunded my money (which surprised me based on reviews) after I sent them photos. They told me to hang onto the tent for 30 days in case the mfg requested a return.

I bought two 10x10 tents for more money and I think they will last for a while. The 10x10 tents are much easier to deal with as opposed to one 10x20 tent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I learned through a comment on an ad that most Facebook ads are fraudulent. I wish there was an alternative to Facebook, I use it to stay in touch with friend's and family since I moved two thousand miles away from where I grew up.

I ordered a 10x20 tent from Amazon to put Halloween props in on Halloween night. I pitched the tent two days later. The frame was heavy and strong but the fabric they used wasn't tent quality. I could see pin holes in the seams of the canopy, one of the velcro straps started ripping away from the side wall and there was a 1.5 inch rip in the canopy seam from putting the tent up. I was so bummed because the tent weighed as much as I do. We took it down and boxed it up and I contacted the seller via Amazon and marked it defective. They refunded my money (which surprised me based on reviews) after I sent them photos. They told me to hang onto the tent for 30 days in case the mfg requested a return.

I bought two 10x10 tents for more money and I think they will last for a while. The 10x10 tents are much easier to deal with as opposed to one 10x20 tent.
At least you got what you ordered. I ordered a10x20 canopy from Amazon for the same reason and received a bed frame 🤦🏼‍♀️

·
Registered
711 Posts

Amazon will refund your money whether the seller wants to or not. All of the money the seller gets goes through Amazon and that means they just deduct whatever costs before they pay the seller.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well, "you learn by your mistakes", so they say......
I found this great site via facebook and ordered some amazing props at a "reduced" price. Everything looked legit on their web page so committed myself to paying (via credit card).
The company supplied tracking details, which i eagerly followed on a daily basis. A week later and 2 out of the 3 packages arrived, the next day the third arrived. So off i go to our local collection office, full of excitement for our new "attractions".
Photo's below show what i ORDERED and what i actually GOT.
Credit card company has been informed.
edit....I'M ACTUALLY FINDING THIS FUNNY NOW, AS IT TURNS OUT IT WAS THE WIFES CARD WE USED and not MINE !!! View attachment 754772 View attachment 754774 View attachment 754775 View attachment 754776 View attachment 754777 View attachment 754773
Oh my goodness, those are items you can find at the dollar store. Sorry you got taken advantage of and I hope you do not end up paying for that mess.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I saw the same ads on instagram. I looked into it but the price seemed too good that I figured it was a scam. Hope you learned a valuable lesson from this. And thanks for sharing so others can learn from your mistake and not make the same themselves.

·
Registered
403 Posts
There was an ad on my Facebook fee for these great Halloween Hawaiian-style shirts. When I clicked on the site, however, my internet anti virus program alerted me to the fact that it was not a reliable site and was possibly fishing for personal information. Since Facebook is being slammed these days for their various policies, I'm amazing they'd allow all these scam sites on their platform.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I made the mistake of buying something from a Facebook ad once. The keyword here is once. I learned the hard way and never made that mistake again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This right here. A buddy of mine has had this happen to him TWICE buying Halloween decor from shady overseas websites. Unfortunately, he paid with Paypal and they only ended up refunding half his money. I think he's learned his lesson, finally (hopefully).
PayPal is a nightmare to deal with as both seller and buyer. I only use it for simple transactions with people I know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I made the mistake of buying something from a Facebook ad once. The keyword here is once. I learned the hard way and never made that mistake again.

Same. $45 for pumpkins that I wouldn't buy from the Dollar Tree. Took forever but I finally got my money back.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts