Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of people like to watch SYFY's FACE OFF show and just discovered Season 5's first episode has already aired with repeats of the first episode currently airing. If you are up now reading this, late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, it airs at 4am on Cable and 1 am on DirecTV. The second episode airs on it's regular night of Tuesdays. I posted scheduling info under the TV thread.

Note: the first episode is 1-1/2 hours, then the remaining episodes go to 1 hr.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
yeah, i'm LOVING this season -vets against newbies. I was so sorry to see Roy go last year...glad he's back.

There's a tremendous amount of talent on there.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Anyone else notice that 80% of the time the judges cast their judgement on makeup and movement, mechanics don't seem to matter much. On the first episode I actually thought all the vets bombed their ideas and the rookies did awesome.

·
Registered
13,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IowaGuy, its probably because the contest focus is on Makeup, and is sponsored by makeup companies. I think Roy who loves animatronics keeps forgetting that. I don't think he will and will continue to push the envelope with his time and let the makeup slide instead of some of his animatronic details. If his focus to win is to showcase his animatronic skills, which I think it is, he will ignore the judges again. But if his real goal is to get noticed and winning a makeup competition is second, that's what he will do. I thought he did some great when he was on before.

BTW there is a discussion thread on the show here: http://www.halloweenforum.com/horror-discussion/

where I think the moderators prefer we talk about it. I posted here and in the prop section because the show is popular and hopefully anyone who didn't know the show had started can get a heads up.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Anyone else notice that 80% of the time the judges cast their judgement on makeup and movement, mechanics don't seem to matter much. On the first episode I actually thought all the vets bombed their ideas and the rookies did awesome.
I have noticed that....I can definitely see the makeup aspect of it...that's really what finishes/makes or breaks a look. I could understand the movement part of it (they always check to see if the actor can move their mouths etc.) if that was required for a certain reason. Like when they have the actors performing. But honestly with the time these guys have...I think they should be going just on the look of it, unless the function is part of the challenge.

·
Registered
900 Posts
IowaGuy, its probably because the contest focus is on Makeup, and is sponsored by makeup companies. I think Roy who loves animatronics keeps forgetting that. I don't think he will and will continue to push the envelope with his time and let the makeup slide instead of some of his animatronic details. If his focus to win is to showcase his animatronic skills, which I think it is, he will ignore the judges again. But if his real goal is to get noticed and winning a makeup competition is second, that's what he will do. I thought he did some great when he was on before.

BTW there is a discussion thread on the show here: http://www.halloweenforum.com/horror-discussion/

where I think the moderators prefer we talk about it. I posted here and in the prop section because the show is popular and hopefully anyone who didn't know the show had started can get a heads up.
I hadn't even thought about the fact that they are sponsored by make up companies. Duh! That makes total sense

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

I hadn't even thought about the fact that they are sponsored by make up companies. Duh! That makes total sense
Yea...yea...I didnt know that either. Feeling like a tard about now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts