Halloween Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was looking at my Halloween stuff I still have to put away today and started to daydream on what I could start to work on for next year and could not come up with ideas for the inside of my porch façade that I made last year, I want to make it look like the inside on a old house very creepy like the haunted mansion but I don't have a lot of space or money (I am 14 so I don't have a big budget). I thought about putting creepy cloth on the walls and ceiling and having the haunted mansion theme plating I there but I thought I would see if I liked another one of your ideas better.
Thanks! scott 269.jpg

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,323 Posts
cardboard is cheap and it can be painted to look like lathe and plaster and/or old wallpaper. For really large pieces try auto body shops and appliance stores. I also made a stone display for my skulls out of sytrofoam packing material. Creepy cloth is awesome too! :)

skull.jpg

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
First, get rid of the Packers thingy...they don't scare anyone anymore. I guess you could keep it if you want a cutesy haunt.

As Lizzy mentioned, cardboard is great. You can draw and cut out creepy silhouettes and paint them black..

Lighting is another good idea.....hurry up and run down to walmart and Lowes and grab some lights at half off during the after Christmas sales.. Big Lots had orange rope light the other day. I lay the rope light on the ground to outline the path I want trick or treaters to follow.

Break apart a couple of pallets and make crosses for the dirt area.

You are off to a great start!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply I will defiantly try using card board and I love the look of the skulls on that shelf and might steal that idea lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will gladly get rid of the flag its my dads and I am a bears fan. I just went out and got some red lights and am going to use the idea of outlining the path.
Thanks!

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
The red lighting with the creepy cloth will look very nice. You can also use Command hooks to hang some creepy photos on your vinyl siding. If your mom doesn't have any old picture frames, you can pick up a bunch at the Dollar Store. Here's are links to a bunch of pictures you can print out. https://www.pinterest.com/zim2/halloween-creepy-pictures/ and https://www.pinterest.com/zim2/art-horror-portraits/

5258889109_eb0a008a92.jpg
Here's what those Command Hooks look like. They come in all different sizes. You can stick them to the vinyl siding of your house to hang stuff up. They can be peeled off without damaging the wall. You can find them at your local hardware store and even your grocery store.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Working on a few creepy carnival facades are my goal this year. Something that stores flat will help keep my husband from complaining about all the space my stuff is taking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts