Halloween Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okkee dokkee, working on finishing the corpse bride skirt, got the the dyed edges of the skirt/train ............ive gone through rit, forget that, and the other dye i had on hand, i cant remember what its called, provolon or something, also didnt stick..............

went to michaels and found fabric paint, id rather dye the lace.........theres a new UV set dye i brought home and a spray on fabric paint thats thin that might work but the color didnt match the label so thats out now..........

has anyone tried this UV dye, its supposed to take on anything, sunlight sets it or UV light...about an hour exposure. i really dont want to ruin my work on this costume..........

the dyed part is the edges of the skirt along tatters, so you cant really dip or boil bath dye it, its got to go on by hand or brush or a bottle with a nipple and patted out, like ombre............

tia

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone curious about synthetics, i found a solution....i used a fabric paint from tulip, not puffy paint. its thin based, you can dilute it to make more of a watercolor dye effect, so it worked out actually better than the dye....i had more control............heres a progress pic the corset is still wet and skirt is just painted, i may go touch up and we are going to do more burn out and embellish...took me an hour to do the skirt verse the whole day of dye yesterday and washing it out...so the paints much better Dress Blue Clothing Gown Wedding dress

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.